Chapter 7: Ding-Dong-Ditched

Jimmy leapt onto the couch when he entered his house after taking a long walk around the neighborhood and such, which he did from time-to-time to relieve stress. Plus, it was always fun for him and felt good even when he was not distressed.

He was still very tired from the previous night, and did not get very much sleep. However, he was still very pleased that he and Russell were finally friends, considering their rivalry that had gone on for years.

He turned to lay on his back, which was his ideal resting position, and started to breathe deeply and intently. This technique also helped him to calm down in stressful situations, and it worked very well.

After about 5 minutes of Jimmy laying on the couch, the doorbell rang. Jimmy got up and walked down the short, front hallway of his house towards the door. When he opened it, he took notice that there was nobody there; he had been ding-dong-ditched.

Jimmy had been ding-dong-ditched before, so he did not care about finding the culprits and shut the door.

He walked back to the living room, and right before he was going to sit down on the couch again, the doorbell rang yet again.

"Really?" He asked himself irritably.

Jimmy opened the front door again, and was met with no visitors a second time. He exited onto his front porch and started to look around, yet he found nobody.

He decided to look harder in areas beyond the porch such as underneath the big bushes that were placed right beside the steps leading up to the porch. He got on his hands and knees and crawled underneath the first bush; nobody was there. The second bush yielded the exact same results, so Jimmy rose to his feet and got onto his front lawn, prompting him to examine his surroundings thoroughly by rotating his body and head in a typical surveillance fashion, which allowed him to see almost everything within a 50-100 meter radius of his house. Nothing was there, or at least he could not see anybody. Perhaps they were hiding somewhere?

Suddenly, something grabbed him from behind and put him in a headlock; it attempted to punch him in the head in a clear attempt to knock him out, but Jimmy dodged its fist and slipped out from the grip.

It tried to pound him a couple of more times as it continuously hopped around his body trying to catch him off guard, but Jimmy kept sidestepping out of the way of the offender's attacks. There was really nothing else to the confrontation aside from a few punches, blocks, and dodges.

Unknowingly, Jimmy tried to kick the attacker, but his leg was gripped by the attacker and Jimmy was tossed to the ground. Jimmy was not impaired or even harmed at all by the counterattack, so he lept off the ground and was backhanded by the attacker right in the temple. That is the last thing he remembered before seeing pure blackness.