Chapter 2: Russell

Jimmy got through the remainder of the first half of the school day without much hassle. He took a test in his math class earlier in the day, which was awfully easy for him. But the main thing that he could take away from the day so far is that he felt as if he had accomplished something huge after helping Julie out on her paper.

He sat there at the table talking to his group of friends swallowing down a sandwich, and they all talked about the same, typical stuff. It was then that one of his friends in his lunch group turned around and saw Russell peering over his shoulder.

"Why don't you do us all a favor and end this crap, Jimmy!? How many times have you bragged about a good grade on a test or assignment and being so popular? Get a life dude! You have irritated me one too many times already, and this little game ends now!" Russell yelled furiously at Jimmy, and the entire table to an extent.

"I have no clue what you are talking about. I never bragged about anything. You are just jealous of me..." Jimmy answered. He was telling the truth; Russell always overstated everything, especially if those statements were negative and directed towards Jimmy.

Russell was steaming. "What makes you so special to snap back at me like that!? You are acting like a real smartass, you know that? You thought it would be cool to help Julie out on her paper and now she talks about how you are so kind and respectful to her!" It was then that he grabbed Jimmy's shirt and physically forced him out of his seat. "Julie thinks you are hotstuff now and is now trying to ignore me."

"Please, stop this! I will do anything for you if you don't try to pound me into the ground." Jimmy stood there, wide-eyed and scared. He wanted to run and talk to the administration, but he did not want to come off as a coward. Everyone in the cafeteria watched as a physical conflict unfolded, which is a very rare occurrence at the school.

Russell punched at Jimmy's face, only for his fist to be grabbed and for his body to be tossed aside onto the ground. "God dammit!" the bully yelled as he quickly climbed to his feet, this time attempting to tackle Jimmy. But the supposed weakling sidestepped out of the way and Russell tripped over the other table, which was the one full of all the hot, preppy girls.

"I don't want to fight you, Russell!" Jimmy yelled as the former rose yet again, this time limping slightly.

"I will not stop yet, Jimmy! I don't care about what kinds of stupid tricks you are pulling, you're going down right here right now!"

That is when the bully charged at Jimmy yet again, trying to slam him to the ground in a tackling move. This time, he lowered his body further, much further. He rushed in and hurdled over the table that he was just tossed over, lowered his upper body, and spread out his arms reasonably wide. But that was a terrible move.

Jimmy just countered the attack and slammed his fist into his left eye region, knocking the bully down. Russell clambered to his feet and dashed at Jimmy yet again, only for Jimmy to sidestep and slam his foot into the side of Russell's foreleg, causing the bully to collapse to the ground. Russell was gasping in sheer pain and was squeezing his foreleg as he lay on the floor of the cafeteria.

Russell's friends rushed in and proclaimed Jimmy as a big jerk, immediately taking the bully underneath his arms and leading him to the nurse. Jimmy knew that he could not stay there much longer, as he would get suspended, which is something that is not in his reputation. So he fled the scene and exited the closest doors.