Shaken

♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

    ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

"There's nothing we can really do at the moment other than lock down the place" Lucinda signed, looking around. The commotion died down as the rest agreed. Kim still spooked held tightly onto your arm, not that you really minded.

"Let's make a plan. I'll patrol around the windows upstairs with Lucinda. Garroth check the doors, Aaron and Kim reinforce the doors and windows downstairs" You decided as the group agreed.

"Out of all things I wonder why they took your bag Y/n" Lucinda mused. while checking the window lock. Thank Irene I was too lazy to actually bring my suitcase in from the car. Then I really wouldn't have anything for the rest of the trip.

"I'm gonna check the other side of the place" You said, wanting to get the patrol over with. We didn't even get to finish dinner. Most of the locks were older models but they did their job so you didn't complain. The room you were currently in had a nice view of the snow covered trees.

"This one must cost extra to stay in from the view alone" You pondered, still looking outside. Almost failing to notice a figure in the shadows staring back. Immediately leaning forwards you swore it was a person's figure not a mere shadow from the trees.

What the hell maybe one of them went outside? But that makes no sense why would they? It can't be that women either whoever's out there had a much larger build.

As quickly as you saw them they disappeared. Definitely disturbed you quickly checked the windows on your side and quickly met back up with Lucinda.

"Well.." She paused. As you both walked downstairs she continued.

"That definitely has cause for concern, but with how panicky everyone has been. I also wouldn't be surprised if your mind's just playing a trick on you" She said, with concern laced in her voice.

"Maybe let's see if anyone else saw anything" You said, feeling a little calmer. After eating things seemed to settle down. Turns out no one saw anything. But you and Aaron even went outside to check but found nothing, not even footprints. It was safe to say the incident had left everyone's minds for the moment.

After deciding to be "Cuddle buddies" with Garroth. You were so happy that you remembered to bring some ear plugs. Aaron on the other hand was not so lucky.

"They call me coffee because I grind so fine" Garroth whispered loudly to you. You held back a laugh swearing that you wouldn't lose.

"They call me coffee because I keep you up till 2am" You snickered back.

"They call me coffee because I'm sometimes bitter and most people don't like me without changing some aspect of what I am" Aaron deadpanned cutting it.

"Oh my god Aaron!" Kim wheezed. Lucinda tried covering her mouth with her hand to hide her laughter.

"Man highschool you were really going through it" You said shaking your head. Garroth snorted while nodding his head in agreement.

A few hours of light conversation most of the group had fallen asleep. You were a restless sleeper even to this day. From imagining different scenarios to wondering about your life, your mind rarely took a break.

Turning over, Y/n faced a sleeping Garroth. Over the years the two of them had become quite close. To the point where Laurance would even tease them for always hanging out. She wondered what Garroth thought about that, past the laughing and jokes.

I mean he does have a lot of positive qualities, plus being a looker doesn't hurt.

There was always an air of hesitance whenever you developed a crush or tried being in a relationship. It really couldn't be helped that you were a real mess, once the boy you once loved suddenly disappeared. The months of searching for him, or the tiniest bit of information for where he might be. The hours of crying, angry crying, to the eventually silent tears that followed. Desperation and pain over being abandoned by someone who once seemed to crave your whole being. It wasn't something that was easy to get over.

It bothered you that even now, that thoughts of Ein still entered your mind.

Getting up you tried not to step on anyone. It got pretty chilly in the main hall so grabbing a hoodie seemed like a nice option. Dragging it to a hallway you figured it would make less noise. Not wanting to accidentally wake anyone up. Digging through your suitcase you found the coral rose from the day at the spring festival. Gently looking over it you realized you never unpacked it after coming back from living in the dorms.

"It really was a better time" You mused.