Back Then

♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

                              ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

The last almost 24 hours felt like a fever dream. From the odd occurrences in the lodge to Ein showing up years later. Finally letting your ears and tail out was a relief, no one but Ein would see you like this. Maybe Tatianna and the wolf pack but there was no way for them to tell anyone else. Ein had a light smile on his face upon seeing your werewolf form. It was like all the pieces of his plan were falling into place.

Both of you sat down next to each other on the comforter once again. "What have you been doing these past few years?" Ein asked. "Well..I finished high school and am in college right now. You know, studying architecture stuff and interior design." You stated, twiddling your fingers. Ein nodded intently, trying to fill in the gaps of your new life. Well it would be your old one soon enough he told himself so there was no need to fill in every gap. "I remember you liked drawing a lot, no wonder you were drawn to this kind of field" Ein recalled, as you fondly chuckled at the memory. You often had your sketchbook in your 'how to be a good alpha class' with Ein.

"Things have been calm, I like most of my classmates, some of them are actually pretty cool" You said with a reminiscent smile. Ein slightly turned his head "Oh? Anyone you were particularly close to" he 'innocently' asked. "Well I went on a few dates, but nothing really lasted long. What about you Ein, anyone you were particularly close to" You coyly asked.

What you couldn't see was Ein gripping the sheets when you were talking about your past lovers. "What about you? Anyone caught your eye these last few years" You jokingly asked. Ein was never really one to flirt with many people, unlike Travis of course. But he could be sweet when he wanted to be, at least the version of Ein you remember.

"No, I haven't been with anyone since highschool" Ein shrugged. "Damn really?" You blurted out. For the first time since you got there Ein laughed. A sincere one filled with amusement, that you haven't heard in a long time. It was nice to know your unfiltered thoughts still made him chuckle. Even you couldn't resist smiling afterwards.

"You really didn't meet anyone" You pressed on the topic. "Everyone was insignificant, nothing like what I was looking for" He said, meeting your gaze. You held your breath from the intensity from his silver eyes. "I know I've messed up a lot, but I tried to love you the best way I knew how" Ein leaned closer, so close that you could feel the heat pulsating from him. "I know" You quietly sighed. Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing or an old flame being lit.

It was a gentle kiss, your smoother lips against his more chapped ones. Not that you really minded, a warm feeling spread throughout your body. With an arm resting across his shoulder. Reaching up and running your fingers lightly through his dark hair. Both of his arms wrapped around your waist. Maneuvering slightly, you found yourself seated on his lap. Ein held onto you tightly, not even considering letting you slip out of his grasp. You welcomed his touch. It had been a while since someone held onto something like this.

Pulling apart for a breath, your forehead rested on his. Still on his lap your feelings only became more muddled. It was hard to ignore your heart thumping when Ein was near. But on the other hand you couldn't shake the feeling that something was up behind the scenes. Things were just too strange to ignore, but was a hell of a lot easier when Ein was looking at you like that. With all his attention on you, and nothing but passion in his eyes.

"What do we even do now, navy stripes?" You dryly chuckled. That nickname lit another spark under Ein's already raging fire. You were finally warming up to him again, just like before. All he needed to do was keep drawing you in. You'd stay in the lodge and be happily by his side. While the rest finally paid for what had happened in Phoenix drop. But it wouldn't be as easy as Ein wanted, and he knew that.

You were a caring person when it came to those you liked. A more human quality Ein normally saw as weak, but endearing on you. You were raised as a human but we're the perfect werewolf, one of the purest because of the Ultima curse. That won't mean much in the long run, with me she'll become the perfect werewolf. But you were also sharp witted, and would see through whatever scheme Ein had in mind. That's why he knew he had to be careful. Ein didn't spend years in the mountains doing nothing. Every detail and every inch of the place had been prepared.

"Just stay with me here till your injury heals up" Ein voiced, leaning back with you in his arms. The two of you laying in each other's arms on the bed. Deep down you knew that you should have been heading back up to the lodge. But his warm body against yours, the comfort of the bed, kept you wanting to stay. Ein looked over to you, seeing your eyelids close. Falling asleep before you could answer, but it was fine. Ein already had you here.

 Ein already had you here