Two Loose Threads

♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛

                              ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛

"Holy shit! Holy shit!" You hyperventilate, back leaning against the door. Hearing the heavy pawprints scamper away. "Y/n open the door" Ein said frantically. "No–no this isn't happening" You shouted back. It felt like the room was spinning, your body felt searingly hot from the stress. In fact, it was a surprise you didn't pass out again from the stampede of hard-hitting emotions.

Why. Why. Why. This is not how this was supposed to go!! Ein internally cursed. You were supposed to wake up with him at your bedside. Somehow you were up and moving much faster than anticipated. That damn meif'wa she couldn't even bring you here properly. "Just please let me in, I can explain everything" He stressed.

"Why are you all still here? Leave–yes you to Tatianna!" The werewolf hissed at them. "Why the hell would I listen to you?!?" You shouted through the door. The initial shock was wearing off and your face contorted with rage. "You–you left me there! All by myself to deal with the fallout after we ran away!!" You started. "I-" Ein started but you cut him off.

"For fucks sake Ein you could have given me a heads up– a postcard or something damn!!" You continued. "I was recovering from being hit by a damn motorcycle and everyone I knew practically hated me at the time. Hell for all I know they still might! And you still left me!" the voice now full of anger and pain.

At this point, you were so riled up you wanted to scream all of this at his big dumb face. So you opened the door.

"Irene my head" You winced, the state of your body catching up to you. Swiftly he pulls you to him guiding you back into the bed. Before you could start yelling again your back met the bed. With Ein's arms wrapped around you, his face buried between your neck and shoulder. It was overwhelming being engulfed around his smell, his body, as warm and alive as you remember. You couldn't help but put your hands on his shoulders. Ein was truly there with you, not in a dream and not in a memory. It was a temporary feeling of relief.

Snapping back to reality you managed to push him away and scramble off the bed.

"Tell me what happened Ein. Everything from why you left, to what you've been doing here this whole time" You demanded.

"Is it me or is Y/n starting to act strangely too?" Garroth whispered to Kim. She glanced over to where Y/n was sitting rather fidgety. "Hm I think so, but I've been feeling weird too and I don't know why either" She responded. Garroth nodded his head in agreement, things at the lodge seemed to be getting worse by the hour. Between people going missing, experiencing weird symptoms, and the storm.

Aphmau and Lucinda were still searching for Aaron. But Y/n came back seeming indifferent to the search. It was especially odd since she was so worried about her brother earlier. It's starting to feel like I'm the only normal one left. Garroth thought to himself. Pulling the note out that Y/n left on the counter before leaving. Examining it closely.

'I'm going to look for Aaron further in the lodge. I'd seriously keep an eye on Zane something isn't right here. I might be gone for a couple of hours going to do a deep dive of the place. Don't worry I got the lodge blueprints as a guide. - Y/n'

"Hey, Y/n did the blueprints help at all?" Garroth asked, walking up to her. Y/n gave him a confused look before answering. "Oh yeah that, I lost it so it wasn't helpful" She responded with a sharp nod. The blonde man couldn't put a finger on what was off with her, but something sure was. Y/n looked the same and had the same voice, but her mannerisms were just different.

"I'm feeling tired. Think I'm going to go to bed" She said, walking away. "Um, the rooms are that way" Kim pointed out. "Oh right, I must be so tired I forgot" She shrugged. Walking away quickly.

"If anyone knows the layout of this place it's Y/n. I think your right Garroth something is off with her. But not the same way as Zane, she still remembers us, and her eyes are still the same" Kim pointed out.

"This is not good at all" Garroth stressed, slumping back onto the couch. "I'm really starting to regret coming here" Kim sighed, sitting down next to him. "Me to Kimmy, me to" Garroth said, running a stressed hand through his hair.

Hi everyone! My summer break is coming up on the 16th, and I'll be going on a trip for the first week of it

Hi everyone! My summer break is coming up on the 16th, and I'll be going on a trip for the first week of it. But after that updates on this story and Aflame should become more steady.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!🤞🏾