Family Fires

♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

                           ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

"I-I I'm going to stop this, just tell me where Aaron and Ein are!" You exclaimed shaken. Tatiana had a look of shock on her face, your werewolf form was in full view. Some of the wolves cowered in response. "I need you to understand that Ein will never back down willingly" Tatianna calmly uttered, but the desperation was clear in her eyes. It brought back a foggy memories.

"Y/n seriously, Ein is bad news I don't get why you hang around him" Blaze frustratedly said. The guilt I felt only continued to grow, but I couldn't help but defend him even back then. "None of us know the full story yet, everything is just rumors" I responded. This wasn't even the first time he warned me about Ein.

"So why do you want to become the school Alpha so bad?" I asked, taking a sip of my lemonade. "Why are you trying so hard to hide that you're a werewolf?" Ein quipped back. "My family is kinda messed up–and you didn't answer my question" I shot back. In a rare moment of honesty, he answered "The werewolves at this school have no real order anymore, once I become Alpha I'm going to fix everything" Ein said. But he longingly looked at me in a way I didn't fully understand.

"We should get a house like this one day" I mused, while laying in Ein's arms. He pressed his nose into my hair and muttered "We'll have an even nicer one". I chuckled softly "Who knows maybe some runaway high schoolers will break in to repeat the cycle" He smiled in response. I was such a naive child to think that we'd be able to do that. 

The scent of blood filled your senses, Tatianna pointed you in the right direction. There they both were. Aaron looked like he was hit by a bus, pummeling Ein into the ground. The view stunned you, rarely had you ever seen Aaron in his werewolf form, never fully Ultima. Ein looked ragged, still spitting and fighting. "Aaron" You cried, his ears perking up as he turned towards you. You had never seen either of them in such a bad state.

"Y-Y/n" He managed to get out, his eyes still charged with emotion. "You need to calm down and you're hurt–please come back with me" You said, trying to maintain composure. "No..He needs to pay for what he's done–to you, to Aphmau" Aaron growled. You were slightly frightened seeing him like this. Aaron was always gentle with you and the people he loved.

"Never" Ein spat out before, ripping away from Aaron's blood-soaked grasp. Before you could say a word Ein bolted into the woods. You threw yourself at Aaron, holding him back. "Let me go! He needs to be stopped–I!" He shouted, struggling in your hold. You finally broke down.

"I need you, Aaron! Not Mom, not Dad, I need you to be okay!" You sobbed into his back, while he stiffened.

You only cried for him like this when you were a little girl. A little girl whose parents were never around, who only had her big brother left to care for her. He always held you when you cried.

Aaron's blood-flamed eyes started to dim. Back to black, back to himself. You felt arms engulfed you, and hugged you tightly. "I'm sorry Y/n..I-I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you or anyone..and they all know what I am" Aaron confessed.

"Not of this is your fault, Ein did all of this to get me back" You whispered, eyes shut to prevent more tears from escaping. "We have to keep trying, this isn't how this ends" You finished pulling back. "Yeah, you're right–let's get back to the others" Aaron said, wiping away his tears.

With one arm holding him up, you did your best to steady Aaron while you both trekked through the woods.

🖤🖤🖤

🖤🖤🖤