Who Are We Now

♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

                           ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

"Okay" Ein said, taking a deep breath. "Just sit with me" He gestured towards the bed. You sat down leaving a fair amount of distance between the both of you. His eyes temporarily flickered towards the space between the two of you. "Remember when I told you that I met someone that would be able to get me out of juvie?" Ein started. You bit the inside of your cheek trying to shake up the memory, it was vague but you remembered it. "He had a lot of connections and was able to get me out, but under the condition that I helped him" You searched his silver eyes for any trace of deception. Finding nothing but rare sincerity from Ein.

"So I agreed to be his apprentice, and we came straight here to this abandoned lodge. And I haven't left ever since." Ein explained, moving slightly closer to you. It was a lot to process when all your emotions hit at once. The inner child reeling from the abandonment, first your parents, your friends, then Ein. Your teenage self unable to heal from your first love, relationship, being so turbulent. Now as a young adult forced to move on, without closure, or answers. "Why didn't you tell me? I would have still stayed with you, I could have helped" You said blankly.

"One of the other conditions was that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone or contact anyone either. He was a real paranoid guy, always kept me busy enough that I didn't have the time to figure something out. I was going to bring you eventually, I promised that" He continued. Ein ran a hand through his streaked hair. "What the hell have you been up to here?" You said in a serious tone. Standing up, he reached his hand out to you "Come on I'll show you". With some hesitation, you took his hand in yours. His complexion had grown paler over the years, but his hand fit the same as you remembered. Though much rougher from what you imagined life on the mountain must have been like. Ein opened the door letting you both out, and back into the tunnel.

You followed Ein through the place trying to remember as many details as possible. But it was difficult since the dark rough wall all looked similar, with the lights in mostly the same position the further you traveled. It resembles an underground maze of sorts. Why was this thing even constructed in the first place? It's like a damn unfinished bunker, why didn't any of our parents mention it? Surely at least my father would know since we used to come here as children. Suddenly there was a wide opening that led to a cavern with rock-solid walls. In the room were loads of shelves in columns that you could walk through. A potion brewing setup, cluttered workspaces, lots of books and loose papers. And a few emeralds laying around too.

It all resembled a shabby lab or a supper knockoff version of the back room in Lucinda's potion shop.

"What the hell are you doing here Ein?" You said, voice full of concern. His eyes gleamed with pride "Things that will provide us power, the man isn't around anymore so now I control this operation. Now there's almost nothing stopping us from being together again." The blue and black-haired man answered. You felt a stupid prick in your heart of hope. Despite how much time had passed or heartache from his disappearance. It still didn't completely fade away the love you held towards him. But it didn't completely erase the anger either.

"Ein" You said softly, trying to find the words to express this whole experience. He cut in "Another thing he was researching was the Lycan family". You instantly perked up at your family name, worrying filling your eyes. "More specifically the Ultima curse that runs in your bloodline" He continued.

Astounded all you could do was stare at him in borderline horror. The one thing your family continuously drilled into you about, don't ever let anyone find out about the Ultima curse. Because if anyone ever did it would bring your whole family to ruin. Your father and brother would surely be taken away to some government facility. You, your mother, and sister possibly too. Or at the very least be jailed. The dark history behind the curse haunted you all and caused most of the rifts between the Lycan family members.

Your father never talked about his side of the family often. But from the small bits, you were able to put together, something horrifying had happened. That left him an orphan at a very young age. "That's why you hid the fact that you are a werewolf from everyone back in high school. Why you agreed to help me if I kept your secret, your family's secret" Ein vocalized. He stopped when he noticed the look on your face "You are the purest werewolf out there and that's why you're perfect for me Y/n". Ein said, caressing the side of you face with his warm hand. Once again the state of your body combined with the information you learned was catching up to you. Or maybe it was Ein's touch taking hold of you again, making your legs feel like jelly.

"I-I need a minute" You said in a breathless whisper. Ein leaned in, lips pressed against your forehead, as your heart skipped a beat. As much as you tried to suppress it. "What's next Ein, what am I doing here, to begin with" You said in a drained tone. "Let's go back to the room and get you back into bed" He said brushing off the question, once again taking your hand.

 "Let's go back to the room and get you back into bed" He said brushing off the question, once again taking your hand