Something Ain't Right

♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶ ♛ ➶

"Every day that she's gone lessens the chance of us finding her!" Aaron stressed. "What if we look further in the woods for them? Lucinda can teleport maybe Y/n is with her." Aphmau suggested feeling the pit in her stomach grow. Things were sprawled out all over the main large great room in the lodge. Everyone's sleeping bags, various supplies, and unspoiled food. Nothing had been cleaned up since another 2 people disappeared within the lodge.

"Guys us yelling at each other isn't going to help and we can't give up either" Garroth pointed out. He heavily sympathized with Aaron, knowing what it felt like to have a sibling go missing. Garroth could truly say it was one of the most stressful and terrifying times of his life. And even though Zane was still acting off he felt nothing but relief having him back again.

"The storm has been dying down but it still isn't safe for us to go out looking for them yet. Zane made it back and it was scary when he was gone." Garroth continued. "I still have hope that we'll find Lucinda and Y/n" Kim intersected hopefully. "It's been over a week since we've seen them, we can't just sit and keep doing nothing" Aaron said, while Aphmau pulled him into a hug.

Meanwhile, Ghost while still dormant at the moment, had her own speculations. That girl seemed close to MY Zane, just like Aphmau. As much as I dislike that he seemed to like her in a different way. The use of magic here hasn't been high in years. Something big is brewing here and it must have to do with that man and his apprentice. Meanwhile, Zane joined the group discussion. "If you found me, we can find Y/n and Lucinda."

"They're both capable women and I have faith in that" Aphmau said, fiddling with the loose string on her sweater. "I'm sure they're safe with brother," Zane said, trying his best to comfort her. "Garroth or your amnesia brother" The caramel-eyed woman deadpanned. Zane just sighed in response knowing he was under instruction by him not to reveal anything yet. But still, it was hard to ignore the small feeling of wanting to resist orders.

"Let me out of here!!" Lucinda's sore voice rang out into the caverns. She knew it was pointless to keep yelling at this point, but she just couldn't stop trying. Her magics were disabled. And she wouldn't be able to defend herself from the snarling wolves. "Crap, crap, crap" Lucinda muttered under her breath.

The second worst thing about being imprisoned in a giant birdcage was the boredom. The only company she had was a mysterious woman who would deliver her food. The redhead watched as she once again entered the room, but this time without the wolves.

"Are you a friend of Y/n's?" That single sentence made Lucinda's heart drop. "Judging by the look on your face, that is a yes" Tatianna calmly said. "I-I where is she? Why am I here? Who the hell are you people" Lucinda sputtered out in shock. "She is recovering well for now, and I do not know why Alpha has brought you here. '' Tatianna responded once again.

"Alpha? Are you a werewolf?" Lucinda questioned. "I'm not but he is, and leads this pack" Tatianna bitterly said. "Can you get me out of here?" She hopefully asked. Tatianna was once again at the crossroads, to aid or not to. The wolf women couldn't lose another member of the pack. But she couldn't let Ein terrorize these people now too. It was a truly never-ending cycle of pain he caused.

"Alpha seems to have some sort of obsession over her, that's why he took her" The wolf woman revealed. Lucinda visibly stiffened. Did Y/n have a stalker? Or did they happen to take her and then became obsessed? Before she could ask, a wolf ran in barking. "We need to leave now" Tatianna said, glancing up at Lucinda. "Wait!" Lucinda called out.

A cloaked man entered the cavern. The mood in the room shifted, Lucinda felt the hair on her neck rise. "Where the hell is Y/n?" She asked stiffly. "Tch that's no longer any of your concern, not that it ever was in the first place" Ein spat out. "She's one of my best friends, of course, I'm concerned about Y/n!" Lucinda said, fired up.

"Then where the hell were any of you after the accident? How did you not notice she was so unhappy?" He shot back. That deep voice seemed oddly familiar. "Wait how do you know–you were there weren't you" Lucinda said shocked. "I've always loved her, before and after. And after I'm done with all of you, I'll be able to protect her from everything that happened" The man said, pulling off the hood.

To her horror, Lucinda's suspicions were confirmed. "God I knew you were fixated on her, but this is a whole new level of messed up" She said in disgust. "She's the perfect werewolf and partner" Ein dismissed. "Werewolf?!" She exclaimed. Ein had a mean smirk on his lips "Oh you didn't know, I guess you and her weren't that close?".

He continued "After everything that happened did you ever really address anything with her? Or was it just brushed under the rug so you could feel more comfortable". Lucinda recalled the events at Phoenix Drop. Even though she wasn't directly involved, she still treated Y/n coldly back then. The guilt in her started to rise up.

"I wasn't as good of a friend as I should have been. I can admit that, but you're the one who started all of this, Ein!" Lucinda snarky remarked. "Well that doesn't matter anymore" Ein smiled darkly. Pulling out a glowing green potion as Lucinda backed away in horror.