Part 12

Arthur hung up on the phone and slowly lowered his arm to his side. His father was coming home. Uther had been home five times since Arthur had started dating Merlin. They had only been quick little vists, lasting less than 24 hours before he left. But this time, Uther was coming home. And he would be back for a month.

Arthur slowly walked out of his room, and knocked on Morgana's door. When she answered she still had bed head and her voice dragged with sleep as she spoke. "What?"

"Dad's coming home."

"So?"

"He said he'll be able to stay for atleast a month.And he can close a deal, a whole year." Arthur spoke with a dead voice.

Morgana's hands slowly slid from her head. Her eyes widened slowly and her mouth opened slightly. "So he's coming home..." She still spoke slowly but her all sleepiness was gone. Finally she said what they had both been thinking. "What is he gonna say about Merlin?"

"I don't know." Arthur turned and walked away and Morgana followed. They remain silent, but it spoke a thousand fears.

Arthur had asked Merlin to be his boyfriend after their third date. That was about two and half months ago. Their group had taken the news quite well, quickly accepting them and teasing them. They had all promised not to say a word of the relationship to Uther, as he was greatly homophobic. They had all promised not to tell Giaus either, although when ever Merlin and Arthur had a date, Giaus didn't ever need Merlin's help on that night for some reason.

Arthur sat on the couch and stared blankly ahead. Morgana sat adjacent in a chair, folding herself completely onto it despite her long legs. "Are you gonna tell him?" Morgana spoke quietly.

"How? How can i tell the homophobic Uther Pendragon, that his son, who is supose to take over his legacy, is dating a guy?" Arthur's voice and face finally broke, after remaining emotionless this entire time.

"Just don't tell him and maybe he won't find out." Morgana voice was full false hope.

"ya and maybe i'm straight." Arthur scoffed. "how am i gonna tell Merlin? he's only met my father once, and that was strictly buisness."

"well when exactly is dad coming home?"

"wednesday."

"ok," Morgana unfolded herself from the chair and stood up. "that gives us three days. when he gets home, we'll have his favorite food for super, and i'll have Gwen over, and you can have Merlin over, and then you can tell him." Morgana began pacing, an old habit when ever she got nervous. Arthur smiled, gratefull for her support. He reached into his pocket, pulled out his phone, and called Merlin.