Part 15

Merlin sat at home alone for the next few hours. He tried relaxing, but his pounding head and his flip-flopping stomache made it impossible. Merlin had fallen into a light sleep when Giaus came home. Giaus walked in quietly, his feet shuffling across the floor. Merlin had a cold washcloth across his eyes. He took it off as Giaus spoke. "Merlin. Sit up, we need to talk."

"ok." Merlin sat up slowly, trying not to wince at the pain in his head. When Merlin looked up, Giaus was holding a bowl of water, a salve, a washcloth, a scalpel, and bandages. "i know what happened, Merlin." Giaus said in a pitying tone.

"Giaus I-"

"Merlin, quiet. turn around. Let me treat your head." Merlin turned the other way as Giaus sat down on the couch. Giaus parted Merlin's hair, revealing a scar. It was red and puffy, slightly yellow, and putting off heat, clear signs of infection. It also had dried blood in some spots. "Merlin you should have told me. I could have help you and Arthur." Giaus use the scalpel to scrape away the infected scabs. Giaus dabbed the scar with the wet washcloth before applying the salve, and putting on the bandage. "tomorrow we will change the bandage and put on a new layer of salve. Now explain everything from the begining."

Merlin sighed, and turned to face Giaus. "well, in december when me and Arthur went out, we went on a date, not just hanging out. And after that, we started dating. It was wonderful. I knew Uther didn't know about us, but i didn't know it was because he was a homophobe. When Arthur told me the plan i thought it would work. But he flipped. He told me i was fired. He hit Arthur and when i tried to help he pushed me down and my head hit a intable. Gwen rushed me out. I haven't talk to Arthur since. Morgana and Gwen called Earlier to make sure i was ok. They said the guys know already and are super pissed. That's all that's happened. How did you find out?"

"Uther didn't ask why you didn't come in. Neither did Morgana. I didn't even see Arthur. Before I left, Gwen stopped me and asked me how you were handling everything. I was confused and asked her what she ment. She ask if your head was ok, from when Uther pushed you down. I said it's healing, but i should get home to check on you. is there anything else i should know?"

Merlin looked down at his lap. "i'm sorry Giaus. I didn't know how you would react. and, if what Morgana said is right, Uther is gonna send Arthur away." Merlin's eyes welled up with tears. "Giaus. don't want to leave Arthur. I love him. I love him Giaus. I don't want to have to say goodbye for forever." Tears slid down his face and he wipe them away angrily.

"Merlin, go to your room and rest. We will talk more tomorrow."

Merlin nodded, thanked Giaus and went up to his room. He layed down on his bed when his phone went off. Morgana was calling him. Whe he answered, her voice was in a panick. "Merlin? Merlin! Oh thank every god that ever existed that you answered. I have terrible news. My dad, he's taking Arthur today. They are leaving in like, an hour. we had a plan to help arthur but we gotta do it now."

"Morgana what are you talking about?" Merlin was sitting up now. "What plan?"

"We're gonna kidnap Arthur."