Part 17

Arthur sat straight backed on the couch in his living room. His face stung from a fresh slap across his face. His father was forcing him to leave. On the outside, Arthur was still, showing nothing. On the inside, a wild storm was destoying everything. Hatred and anger powered the hurricane, while the depair and saddness supplied the longevity of it.

Arthur heard foot steps echo down the stairs but did not turn to look. He knew he would see 2 body guards carrying suitcases packed full of his things. They walked over to the door and stood by 2 other body guards. Arthur's father spoke. "Arthur. Stand up." Arthur did nothing but face forward. He heard angry footstep being taken to him before a rough hand seized his arm and yanked him upward roughly. "Get up boy!" Uther snapped at Arthur.

Arthur tried to fight back but quickly was out numbered as the body guards helped his father. He shrugs himself free and does not fight back. He is escorted to the elevator. The silence of the ride down is deffingly loud.

When Arthur stepped out of the elevator he was asulted by clouds of smoke and a putrid stank. He, along with the others, covered his face and batted the air.

"What the hell?" Uther's angry voice cut through the smog. "What is happening? We don't have time for this!" Uther charged forward, waving his arms through the smoke. The body guards surrounding Arthur give each other quizical looks, shruggex, and pushed Arthur forward after his father.

As Arthur continued walking. He kept twitching his head around. Hearing quiet voices, sensing a pressence, seeing a dark shape move behind a layer of fog. His head snapped behind as a loud familiar voice cut through the smoke like a knife through warm butter. "For the love of Camelot!" As Arthur's head snapped backwards along with everyone else's, Gwaine appeared jumping onto the back on a body guard, yelling their old high school's chant. As the other's turned, more of Arthur's friends appeared from the clouds, each attacking a body guard. Leon jumped onto Uther and winked at Arthur as he pulled Uther's arms back.

Crack!

Serveral, loud noises erupt from the shadows and defenned every one. Arthur covers his ears to try to block out the loud snaps and screaming. He looks up and sees Morgna and Gwen running to him, smiling as wide as can be. Morgana slams something on the ground and a strong stank comes out. Gwen follows suit but a loud crack comes from hers. Morgana shoves a burlap sack over Arthur's head and started dragging him forward.

Time seems to slow.

Arthur can feel Morgana grabbing one arm and Gwen grabbing the other. Their hands are small, but strong as they yanked him forward. He could hear individual sounds. The cuss words. The yelling. The laughter. A door opening. A car running. A car door opening. He felt Morgana and Gwen's hands move from his arms, to pushing on his back. He landed in seat. The door slammed shut. He couldn't distinguish words or voices. The car launched forward, and Arthur took the sack off his head.

* * *

Merlin was left shaking as Morgana and everyone else went into the building. He sat, doing nothing except staring at that door. Waiting. Waiting for what, he knew not. Waiting for Arthur. Waiting for failure. Waiting for someone to come and beat the shit out of him.

Merlin watched the door, slowly seeing the lobby fill with smoke. He sees Percival wave as Gwaine slams a bag onto the ground and both run away as an invisible stink fills the area. Merlins smiles. It fades away as he sees everyone settle into their hiding spots.

He puts the car into drive and and pulled up to the door. He squinted into the door, trying to see through the fog. Merlin saw dark blobs moving through the smoke. He heard muffled loud bangs, and could see the dark shapes moving quicker. More loud shots rang out and all of a sudden, three shapes cleared and came ino focus.

Gwen and Morgana ran out the front door, dragging Arthur, with a bag on his head, between them. Gwen ripped the door open and both shoved Arthur into car. Gwen shut the door while Morgana went to the window and spoke to Merlin.

"Merlin just get out of town as fast as you possibly can. Then, switch drivers. Let Arthur drive. Remeber. 'Go to the Lonely Mountain.' He'll know what it means. There are some basic supplies in the back. Now get the hell out of here!" Morgana kissed the side of Merlin's face and back away smiling as Merlin screeched from the parking lot.

"Merlin?" Arthur's voice spoke up from the back seat. Merlin turned to face him as they stopped at a red light.

"Hey Arthur..." Merlin gave Arthur a shakey smile. "Fancy seeing you here."

"What the hell is happening?" Arthur climbed into the front seat and almost bashed his face on the dashboard as Merlin bolted the car forward.

"We kidnapped you. Now shut up and buckle up. We are leaving this place!" Merlin smiled and slammed his hand on the car's horn.

"wait what? Where are we going?" Merlin infectious, excited attitude started to make Arthur smile.

"Look i explain in a bit. For now," Merlin swung the car down a left road leading out of town. Merlin slammed on the breaks and put the car in park. "Switch driving. Morgana says to go to the Lonely Mountain."

Arthur opened the door to the car, smiling and saying ok. He met Merlin in front of the car and kissed him passionately. He held the sides of Merlin's face and ran his fingers through Merlin's hair. They stopped kissing and rested foreheads on eachother, breathing hard. "I love you so much, Arthur." Merlin said.

"And i love you too. so much. i never stopped. i could never stop loving you." Arthur pecked Merlin's lips. "now," Arthur still held Merlin's face but held him away. "Lets go to our Lonely Mountain." Arthur and Merlin got into the car and sped away.

The End...