Part 4

• Dedicated to To all the ships that never sailed

Merlin spent the entire week working for Giaus. It wasn't hard work. The plants were easy enough to remember. He got paid $90 a day which very quickley added up. Plus everyday he got to see Arthur. Merlin worked each weekday with Giaus, and the both of them would only come on weekends if there was an emergancy. On the first friday of Merlin working, he waited in the living room for Giaus to finish packing so they could head home. Merlin heard loud thumps and his name being called from the stairs. He turned around and saw Arthur half walking, half jogging to him.

"hey um, so me and the guys were gonna go out tomorrow night, and i was wondering if you wanted to join us?" Arthur rubbed the back of his head.

Merlin just stood there staring for a few seconds, his mouth slightly open. "uh... um s-sure."

Arthur smiled. "really? i mean, cool. ya. So um, we can just pick you up at Giaus's place at like 8 tomorrow night? And do you like want my phone number, in case like, things changed or something?" Arthur was looking practically every except Merlin. He seemed downright bashful.

"i-i dont have a phone." Merlin said. "ealdor was small, and i've only been in Camelot for a little more than a week."

"Seriously? Well i probably have an extra phone you can borrow. I'm always getting the newest thing as a gift. stay right here." Before Merlin could answer, Arthur was dashing away, up the stairs.

Merlin didn't know what to do. He couldn't just accept a brand new phone from Arthur. And was he sure he wanted to hang with Arthur? That he was sure of. But did he want to do it while with Arthur's friends, none of which he knew? Before he could decide, Giaus came out of the hallway. "come on Merlin. I want to get home before it gets dark."

Merlin looked at the stairs, then to Giaus, then back at the stairs. He sighed and walked slowly to Giaus. He was almost out the door before Arthur came bounding down the stairs. "here." He said, handing Merlin a very new looking phone and charger.. "My number is already in it."

Merlin smiled. "Thanks."

"Merlin!" Giaus called from the elevator.

"i have to go. Bye." Merlin turned from Arthur and headed to the elevator.

* * *

The next morning Merlin slept in late. He was woken up by his phone beeping. Merlin put his pillow over his head to block out beeping. Finally, sleepiness still dragging at his limbs, he turned off the alarm and dragged himself out of bed. As he walked into the kitchen yawning, Giaus called out to him.

"There you are. I thought you were gonna sleep all day. Anyway, i need your help with some things."

"today is my day off." Merlin answered through a yawn. "and i have plans for later."

"what? With who?"

"With arthur and his friends. We're all going out." Merlin began eating the breakfest that Giaus had readied. Merlin quickly finished his meal, and went back to his room.

Later that day Arthur texted Merlin with details.

Hey Merlin, its Arthur. So we'll pick you up at Giaus's at around 8.

Ok. Merlin texted back. He looked at the time. It was about 4:30. Merlin got off his bed and started searching through his closet for an outfit.

Arthur arrived just after 8. Merlin heard a honk from a car and looked out the window. A limo? He thought. He yelled to Giaus he was leaving and headed out the front door. He was wearing black skinny jeans, black combat boots, a grey t-shirt that had angels wings and a skull. He was wearing a necklace that had an anti-demon possesion symbol, and black stud earrings. He tried to look calm as he approached the car, but he was sure his legs were visablly shaking. As he got closer, a back door srpung open and Arthur's blond head popped out.

"Come on Merlin!" Arthur scooted over as Merlin got in. He began introducing everyone as the limo pulled away. "everyone this is Merlin. Merlin, the short, shy one next to you is Lancelot. The two over there who will began flirting after one drink is Percival and Gwaine. The one with the wonderful blond hair is Leon. And finally we have the guy who never says anything except the occasionally sarcastic comment, Ellian." In turn each one either flipped Arthur off or said 'fuck you' with a smile before shaking hands with Merlin.

After introductions, Arthur explained where they were going. "We are going to our favorite bar. It's just called The Tavern. It's small, but has good beer."

"Awesome." Merlin replied. Shit! i have never even been drinking before. This night is gonna end badly, i can tell...