Chapter 17

The only women she’d ever seen him talk to were waitresses, fans or cashiers, never any female friends or acquaintances. So to be faced with the unusual sight, was quite a shock. In fact, the planet seemed to have stopped revolving.

All she could see was Harry; holding someone that wasn’t her.

Right then, she realised how much of a fool she’d been. Snapping at him at any given moment, refusing his comfort, dismissing his ideas; acting like a complete and utter bitch just because the possibility of him betraying her trust was a risk she was too scared to take.

And now, he’d found someone else. Someone who didn’t take him for granted, unlike Moira.
It was true. You really don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.

Harraël moved his head up from where he’d buried it and finally spotted her frozen form standing a few feet away from them.

“Moira,” His voice was laced with surprise. He carefully distanced himself from the woman, as if he wasn’t ready to let her go just yet. It made Moira wince, pain piercing her heart.

Approaching her, he looked like he was about to say something. But when he inspected her more closely, his face altered.

“Is everything alright? Is there something wrong with Ollie?” He asked, turning his full attention to her. His eyes evidently searching for signs of something unknown, his hands running down her body in the most comforting of ways. And it took her a few seconds to realize he was checking for injuries. His concern made her stomach flutter, but the presence of the other woman ruined the moment entirely.

“He’s fine, we’re fine.” She pushed his hands away, taking a step back. “I-I’m sorry for interrupting. I’ll talk to you later.”

Harry was taken aback by the hostile move. Not expecting it, since she’d taken the liberty of coming here. He wondered if she was still angry from earlier that day?

The woman looked between the two of them and suddenly burst out laughing, making Harraël and Moira exchange uncertain glances.
“Don’t worry,” She said firmly. Her lips sinking into a kind smile.

Moira raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?” She spoke quietly, intrigued.

The woman walked towards the pair, with such confidence that Moira couldn’t help but envy her. She was a striking woman, while Moira occasionally compared herself to a whale; in her current state anyway.

She came to a stop in front of her and outstretched her hand to Moira, “I’m Lizzy, this idiot’s sister.”
Her mild, British accent was a lot more noticeable than Harraël’s.

Warily taking Lizzy’s hand and shaking it, Moira’s eyes bulged in surprise.

Her eyes flickered back and forth between the siblings, noticing the similarities in their features. They shared the same green eyes and dimples. Not only that, but their face shape was similar and their tall build. They shared the same chocolate brown hair color, but whereas Harraël had a messy head of curls, Lizzy’s hair was shoulder length and straight.

Moira released a breath she didn’t know she was holding.
As always, she’d been jumping to conclusions; expecting the worst.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She sighed, not ever having felt this relieved in her life. Which was quite the wakeup call.

“Likewise. I’ve heard a lot about you.” Lizzy winked.

“Really?”

Chuckling, she pointed a finger Harry’s way. “This one wouldn’t shut up about you, it’s quite annoying actually.”

Harraël’s cheeks flamed bright red, obviously a little embarrassed by his sister’s comment. Moira opted to ignore the comment and let out a little giggle instead.

“And thanks to you, Bella actually drinks her smoothies now.”

The two siblings talked animatedly for a few minutes, occasionally trying to include Moira in their conversation. It wasn’t very interesting though, just the usual ‘how’s this/how’s that’ and a whole bunch of questions.

The phone in Lizzy’s jeans pocket vibrated, and as soon as she saw the text, she put it away and announced, “It’s time to go.”

“Finally,” Harraël exclaimed, with a teasing smile. “I’m sure mum’s starting to worry.”

Earlier, Lizzy had explained the reason behind her visit; wanting to thank her brother for taking care of her daughter while she was on a business trip. She’d brought a homemade pie as a thank you. A treat Harry was planning on devouring the instant he got the chance.

Their mother was currently babysitting Bella so that’s why she had to go back home soon.

“Yeah mum texted me just now, asking where I am.” She explained.

“Well in that case, bye Liz.” He pushed his sister towards the front door.

Feeling a little shocked by his inhospitable behaviour, Moira lightly slapped his arm.
“Harry!” She frowned sternly. “Don’t be rude.”

“Yes ma’am,” He grinned cheekily, quickly pecking her cheek in apology and wrapping a strong arm around her frame, holding her close. The second he touched her skin, she felt dizzy. Making her forget why she’d been scolding him in the first place.

Lizzy eyed their interaction with warm fondness, knowing that now was the right time to go home and leave the lovebirds be. Pulling on her coat, she rummaged through her pocket, only stopping when her hand found what it’d been looking for. Handing her card over to Moira, she said, “If you ever need anything or want to talk, don’t hesitate to give me a call.”

She kissed both of Harry’s cheeks, casually hugged Moira as if she’d done it a thousand times before. Waving them goodbye, she reached for the door and left.

********

Days went by in a peaceful blur.

Harry and Moira were back to how they used to be, spending nearly every day together, genuinely enjoying each other’s company. She made it her mission to appreciate him, and express just how much she did. While trying not to let her hormones take control of her. Which turned out to be harder than expected, but she wasn’t complaining.

And before Moira knew what was happening, the day of her due date had arrived.