Chapter 10

The first thing Moira saw when opening her eyes the following morning was white, white everywhere. She had forgotten to close the curtains so she could easily see the layers of snow on the windowpanes of the building opposite hers.

The temperature instantly felt colder in the apartment; either that or it was just her, since she did tend to feel cold in the mornings no matter the weather outside. She pulled herself out of bed, rubbing at her arms in an attempt to warm them, and trudged to the window so she could properly inspect winter wonderland.

And like expected, there indeed was snow. It was just about time for snow, anyway, since November started about two weeks ago. The news always said that our weather was running fast; typically it snowed back in the beginning of November or at least towards the middle like now. And she liked snow, because hey, it was beautiful. But she also didn't like snow because it was freezing, and also because the roads were icy and there were cases when they could get snowed in. Which wasn't all too often since she lived in the city but there was still a possibility?

Snowy weather had a lot of ups and downs to it-for instance, she could stay inside all day without feeling guilty for being lazy. However, she didn't like when the snow grew dirty as time progressed; when January came, the snow was an ugly black color on the New York streets because of the car exhaust and whatnot. That was not a pretty sight to look at.

That reminded her of another not-pretty sight: her bedhead.

She tamed her hair in the connected bathroom and brushed her teeth, pulling on a long, salmon colored silk bathrobe that aligned her bump subtly.

Making her way downstairs and to the kitchen, she aimlessly opened the fridge, wondering what to eat for breakfast. Deciding on pancakes, she prepared the batter and started baking. A mountain of pancakes later, she was done and ready to dive into this morning feast.

Just then, did she realise she had a guest.

"Oh my god," she mumbled to herself, feeling stupid for forgetting.

She walked to the guest bedroom and spotted Harraël sound asleep.
The bed seemed so tiny with his large body sprawled atop it. She was not sure what to do, waking up a -probably- hangover Harraël would be a bad idea but standing here indecisively was doing nothing for her either. He rolled towards her and mumbled something inaudible. She leaned forward and poked his cheek, in attempt to awaken him from his slumber. When nothing happened, she poked him again and he let out a small groan. Finally those piercing eyes of his opened showing a hazy green color. She couldn't help but smile at him.

"Time to wake up, sunshine." She said cheerily.

"I was having such a good dream and you spoilt it." He grouched as he sat up yawning, and glaring at her.

"I'm sure you were." She rolled her eyes. "Now get up, I made pancakes."

His face lightened up at the word 'pancakes', resulting in him nearly jumping out of bed.

Moira walked into the kitchen and sure enough, Harraël was eating pancakes like an animal.

"You're a good cook," He complimented her as he finished eating, leaning back and petting his now full stomach.

She nodded in thanks and he opened the fridge to get something to drink. He grabbed a carton of milk and drank straight from the opening.

"Harraël!"

"What?"

"You drank right out of the carton." She replied, snatching it out of his hands to return it to the fridge. "Why don't you act like a normal person and drink it out of a cup? You're contaminating it with all your germs."