Chapter 4

Edited by @_buoyant & @PienPouwels

------------------------------------------------

"You!?"

Never in his life had he seen fire like the one in her eyes as she was speaking to him.

She was raging, blazing, and fuming but he couldn't help but find her absolutely adorable. In her bathrobe and those fluffy slippers, she looked like she'd just awakened from hibernation.

When he threw her a smirk, she seemed confused, "Don't look at me like that, I'm angry!"

That much he figured.

"What are you angry about?" Harraël asked, his voice laced with humour.

"I'm trying to sleep but I can't because you're making too much noise!"

He instantly felt guilty. He knew pregnant women needed their rest, and stress from lack of rest was bad for the baby. There was no doubt his party had caused her a fair amount of stress, seeing she practically had smoke fuming from her nose and ears as she was on his doorstep.

"Give me a minute."

He turned and walked towards his crowd and grabbed the megaphone Finn had brought along earlier. Turning it on, an ear-deafening, high-pitched screech caused the guests to stop their conversations and cupped their ears for protection.

"Party's over, folks. Get out of my house."

Like a colony of ants, people began streaming out of his house, pushing Moira to the side as they reached the doorsteps. He quickly pulled her inside and stood in front of her protectively.

Ten minutes later, the last if the guests left his house. He felt thankful that they'd actually listened to his plea. Unlike the parties he'd thrown when he was in high school, college and uni, where drunk teenagers didn't appear to own ears.

It dawned upon Harraël that he was ecstatic to be graced with Moira's presence. Of all the people living in his building, she was one of them. It was either pure coincidence or fate had something big for them in petto. Either way, he was happy.

"Now that that's resolved, I will take that it is my turn to leave," Moira announced. "I'll see you around."

And just like that, she was gone, again, not giving Harraël a chance to reply.

He considered going after her, since he'd regretted not doing so last time. But it was early in the morning so she would probably rather sleep than have a friendly conversation with him.

"So that was her?" Finn asked from behind him.

He swiftly turned, "Yep."

"I like her. She's feisty," Finn said, "and pregnant."

"Very much so."

"You said hot and blonde, not hot blonde and pregnant."

"I forgot."

Finn snorted, "Sure.. You like kids though so that won't be a problem!"

"Yep."

"What's with the short answers?"

"I don't know... She's just.." Harraël tried to find the right word. "Something. I'm not sure she likes me, as a person I mean."

"It'll be alright, Haz. Just ask her out whenever you see her, you know, like we talked about? You've got a good excuse now."

"And what's that?" He wondered aloud.

"You have to make it up to her, you know, since you kept her up with the party."

A plan was being forged in his head.