Chapter 22

"His second name is Flynn, does that mean he is partially named after me?"

"No."

"Well, that's disappointing."

While Oliver was taking an afternoon nap in the crib Harry had set up for him, the adults were having lunch in the penthouse's kitchen; Moira had prepared a bunch of club sandwiches. By the time she had consumed one, three sandwiches had already disappeared inside Harraël's stomach. Finished eating, they were about to store away the dirty plates in the dishwasher. When suddenly, a wild Finn appeared, for reasons unbeknownst to them.

The sight of a very bump-less Moira, however, had awakened a curious monster.

"Where's the baby?" He'd asked incredulously.

To which Moira had answered, "Sleeping in Harry's room."

Apparently, it had slipped Harraël's mind to mention he'd take three weeks off to spent time with Moira and the baby. So it's safe to say the next hour was spent with Finn thoroughly interviewing her, trying to find every answer to every possible baby-related question. Like the good host he was, Harry had offered his guests drinks and they were now seated around the kitchen island.

"Does being a mommy ever get shitty?"

"Well, peeing is a bit frightening because of the soreness and because I can't feel what I'm doing. And I barely sleep. But besides that it's great."

Finn's face scrunched up in disgust and was about to express his dislike of the given details when Harry joined into the conversation, "Wait, you told me you slept fine!"

Blushing a deep scarlet under his scrutinising gaze from the other end of the kitchen island, she mumbled "I didn't want you to worry."

After being discharged from the hospital, he had specifically told her not to hesitate when asking him for help, that he'd be there whenever even if that meant taking Oliver for the night so that she could get a peaceful night of sleep. But like always, Moira had completely ignored the offer and overworked herself because her fucking pride was in the way.

"God damn it, Moira!"

And as if he knew his mommy was in trouble, the baby monitor began emitting little cries. Indicating that Oliver had woken up. The monitor itself had been a gift from Harry, it was one of them high-tech ones with a quality camera, great sound and it even had a recorder installed on it.

"I'll be right back." She quickly stood up. "He's probably just hungry."

"Can I see him?" Finn asked.

"Depends on whether he falls back asleep after breastfeeding, he's been grumpy all morning." She explained, fetching the baby monitor from where it had been placed.

"Yay, okay." He clapped his hands enthusiastically, then turned back to Harraël once Moira had disappeared from view.

"Why haven't you returned our calls, Haz?" He asked, and Harry could hear the worry in his friend's voice. That must be a first for Finn Fitzgerald, to be worried about someone other than himself.

"Is that your reason for being here? Because I haven't returned your calls?" He questioned his presence suspiciously. "I've known you for longer than today, Finn. Come on, spit it out."

"I'm just checking how my mate's doing." He grumbled in obvious defeat. "There's also something else though."

"What?"

Finn took something from the plastic bag that Harry had previously failed to notice, and handed it over to him. It was a magazine. A gossip magazine. And if there was anything he hated more than gold-diggers, it must be gossip magazines spreading rumours and lies about people they've never even met.