Chapter 28

In the next month that Harry was back home, they fell into a pleasant routine. Helping each other out whenever they could. He would babysit Ollie when his assistence was needed while Moira occasionally cooked them meals. And after the first time, they continued sleeping next to each other every night. No sexual activities, just harmless sleeping.

Lately, Moira's apartment had begun feeling more like home than his own ever did. It obviously was to blame on the two people living there. He didn't want to be away from either of them, especially Ollie. He'd already missed out on two months of his life and wasn't planning on missing a minute more.

As it turned out, Dr. Patel was a hard lady to find when she didn't want you anywhere near her. In fact, Harraël's calls were either ignored or went straight to voicemail. And every time he came by her department, she wasn't available or had magically disappeared. Not even Dr. Brennan -who had replaced Moira's doctor during one of her ultrasounds- knew what was going on.

On the afternoon of the 17th of May, a short, firm knock resounded on Dr. Patel 's office door, and her intuition told her to expect the worst.

Her palms grew clammy and she paled visibly when the one person she'd been avoiding for the past weeks slammed the door open and stormed into the room. It was suddenly hard to swallow; her throat felt like it was constricting, tightening together. She stood up from her chair, "G-good afternoon, Mr. Ston-"

"Shut up." Harraël sounded like he was restraining himself from yelling as he towered over her, his eyes forcing her to sit down. She followed his command without question.

Dr. Patel's hands reached forward, clasping onto the edge of her desk tightly -a nervous gesture she'd picked up through the years. She could feel her breathing grow shallower as her mind whirled with these thoughts. She was aware Harraël Stones wasn't one to mess with, he was a kind-hearted but also a very powerful person because of his fame and money. Who knew she'd be on the receiving side of his wrath one day?

"What can I do for you today, Mr. Stones?"

"Cut the bloody act, Aanya."

She froze, her eyes widening from the menacing sound of his voice. He was livid.

"I have a few questions for you," he continued, louder this time. "And I want you to answer them honestly."

"Uhh.. yes?"

"If you fail to tell me the truth to either of these questions, I will end your career within," he snapped his fingers. "seconds."

"I-I"

"Capiche?"

"Yes sir." She nodded obediently, locking eyes with him.

With a hint of frustration, he started interrogating her. "Did you deliberately tell me about the available penthouse in Moira's apartment building, just so I would get in contact with her?"

"Yes."

"When Moira was picking a donor, did you give her a folder that solely included males who were complete opposites of her on purpose? Excluding myself considering I was the only one who sufficed her personal requirements?"

Not being able to get herself to speak, she broke their eye contact and nodded weakly.

It felt like she was in the middle of some crime investigation TV-show, his questions were on point and crystal clear. There was nothing negative to say about them except for the fact she wished he didn't even have to ask them.

"So, you set us up?" he concluded, clearing his throat as his lips sank into a mocking smirk.

When she didn't reply, he chuckled humourlessly, "Anonymous donation, my ass. I could sue you."