Chapter 14

It was 5pm on New Year's Eve and Moira decided to take a nap. She'd promised to come to Harry's NYE party -at a nearby hotel- later that evening so she wanted to be well rested.
When she woke up, she had 38 missed calls and 104 messages.

And came to the discovery that she'd slept through New Year's Eve.

Not even the fireworks had woken her up. Boy, she must have been really tired.

Three of the missed calls were from her mom, six from an unknown number and the rest was all from Harry. Two messages sent by her mother, one by the same unknown number and the remaining 102 all from Harry.

- Happy New Year, darling! Why aren't you picking up? xoxo -

Her mom had sent. The second message, sent 30 minutes after the first, made Moira laugh loudly, the sound of it echoing through her bedroom.

- Call me when you wake up. xoxo -

She knew her daughter too well.

The unknown number turned out to be Finn, Harraël's bandmate.

- oi u should probs give haz a ring he's freakin out -

And just like he said, Harraël was indeed panicking.

- Hi babe, where are u? XH -

- Pick up ur phone! XH -

- Moira, answer me -

- Are u ok? -

- Answer ur fucking phone I'm worried! -

All his other texts said the same thing in one way or another; urging her to pick up her phone or call him, getting angry at her lack of response, etc. A rush of shame ran through her as she read through them. Why couldn't she have set an alarm and gotten there on time?

His last text was sent half an hour ago. She checked the time on her phone which said it was 04:52am. Instantly dialling his phone number, she held the device to her ear, begging every supernatural force out there to let him pick up her call.

And in the blink of an eye, her prayer was answered.

"God damn it, woman. Don't you ever do that to me again! You had me worried sick! A few more minutes and I would've gone home to break down your door!" He scolded her, but how could anyone concentrate on his words when his voice sounded so scratchy and... sexy

She gasped as she caught herself thinking this and instantly deleted the thought from her mind.
No, bad brain!

"Are you okay, Moira?" He spoke somewhat softer now.

"I'm fine," she muttered, relieved his anger was short-lived. She didn't like people screaming at her, Harraël even less. His presence always made her feel big, bright and beautiful. But when he was raising his voice at her just then, she felt small, and she despised it. She wanted him cheery and cheeky and Harry-ish.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, I was asleep." She added.

A deep sigh was heard from the other side of the line, "Why does this not surprise me."

They talked some more and agreed to meet up the following day -or technically that same day-, he forgave her and all was well in the jungle.

******************

On January 3rd -three days later- a very special introduction was taking place in the kitchen of Harraël penthouse.

"Bells, this is my friend Moira."