Chapter 31

"Can we have a word?" She said finally, her voice barely audible.

Harry quickly glanced at the kitchen door. "Yes, m'am."

Emelia was silent for a few seconds, watching him with squinted eyes, and the anticipation was killing him. He was holding his breath, his entire body stiffening, waiting for what she wanted to say. Even though he already suspected what, all he needed now was conformation. The game she played was a dangerous one, and he wasn't about to participate. Grabbing a bunch of cards and putting them on the table was probably a safer option.

"Are you planning on telling her?"

That confirmed it. She knew. Fuck, she knew.

At that moment, Harraël was close to hitting himself. It was a damn miracle that Moira hadn't found out who her son's daddy is, now that his hair was growing longer and he started resembling Harry more and more. It was naive of him to assume everybody was the same level of oblivious as Moira. Her mother appeared to be a rather observant woman. Correction: definitely observant.

"Yes, m'am." He nodded stiffly, his anxiety level rising. Because what if she decided to tell Moira? He'd be dead -in a matter of speaking.

"Soon?"

"Yes, m'am."

"Does your vocabulary include more than just 'yes m'am'?"

"Yes m'-" he abrubtly stopped himself.

Within seconds, her face morphed into one of complete amusement. And it was only then that he noticed how much Moira really did look like her mother, they had the same smile. "Do I make you nervous?" She asked, a small giggle escaping her mouth -which also sounded a lot like Moira's.

"You do a little." He admitted sheepishly.

Emelia pat him on the shoulder. "Oh silly boy, there's no reason for you to be nervous, not because of me anyway. When you tell my daughter, however..." she trailed off.

"Wait, so you're not going to tell her?" He questioned incredulously, relief washing over him in tidal waves and the previous fears completely vanishing.

"It's none of my business." She stated, shrugging.

"Wow.. I-uhh thanks?"

"Don't thank me, dear! I'm just glad my baby girl has finally found someone to take care of her, and that Ollie has a dad. His real dad." She smiled. "Now come here and give your future mother-in-law a hug!"

Touched by Emelia's sincerity and kind intentions, he laughed, wrapping her in a warm hug. It felt very loving and well.. nice. It reminded him of his own mum, who had yet to meet his 'girlfriend' and son.

"Welcome to the family." She murmured, causing Harry to peck her cheek in reply.

"Am I interrupting something?" Moira asked, as she returned with their tea. She grinned cheekily, as if amused by the sight of them. "Were you using your charms again, mom?"

"Oh, you know me!" Her mother exclaimed, taking one of the steaming mugs from the tray.

Harraël was beyond relieved she'd come back after their talk, shit would've gone down if she'd walked in in the middle of it. But for once, the odd seemed to be in his favour. Moira and Harry sat next to each other on the couch, while Emelia opted to give the love birds some space and sit in one of the recliners.

"But really, what were you hugging about?"

Emelia took a long sip from her tea before answering, "I was just thanking him."