Chapter 27

Moira woke up in her room. But it wasn't the peaceful, 'hearing the birds chirping' kind of way she woke up. The biggest headache and most awful stomach ache were terrorizing her. She felt nauseous, though very much unlike the pregnancy kind. It was the hangover kind. Her tummy was screaming for food, yet even the thought of made her feel like she was going to hurl.

She lay there, trying to recollect everything that happened mere hours ago. She remembered the horrible nightmare, the shocker of having Harry home early, checking up on Ollie and then getting drunk.

Everything after the first drink was very scattered. She caught glimpses of herself giggling uncontrollably, but besides that, nothing. And she hated not being able to remember, it made her feel powerless, not in control of her actions.

Let's hope she hadn't made a fool out of herself.

Pushing the covers away and throwing her legs over the side of the bed, Moira was having a hard time getting up. Her muscles were begging her to stop moving as she grabbed for her bathrobe and pulled it on.

Making way for the bathroom, she locked herself inside and turned on the shower. Swiftly undressing, she stepped inside the cubicle. The steaming, hot water helped to alleviate the tension from her muscles, but nothing would obliterate the endless possibilities from entering her mind, plaguing her.

What if things had gotten... out of hand?

Moira knew she tended to lose control when intoxicated, it made her less tense, carefree and too honest. And in her book, that was bad.

Rinsing the last of the shampoo from her hair, she turned off the shower and grabbed a tower from the nearby rack. Holding onto the towel, she crept down the hall, wondering if Harry was still here.

She'd been surprised when seeing him in Ollie's nursery, she'd figured he would've gone home to sleep in his own bed instead of her guest bedroom's. Since he must have been exhausted from the flight back to New York City. Not that she minded.

He had once again, managed to prove her wrong. And had especially blown her mind with his offer to feed Oliver, just so that she could sleep. Even though he'd repeatedly offered to do similar things, she hadn't taken him seriously until then; when he had climbed out of bed in the middle of the night to aid her crying son. It had dawned upon her just how genuine he was.

After she'd gotten dressed into a park-friendly outfit -black skinny jeans, black boots and a knitted sweater- she grabbed a black dust coat from her closet and threw some essentials into a tote bag, she ventured off to Ollie's nursery.

"Rise 'n shine, starshine," she greeted chirpily. "the earth says hello!"

Oliver squealed happily in response, wide awake and evidently in a good mood. His big, green eyes stared up at his mommy, seemingly mesmerized as well as ecstatic by her sudden appearance. He lifted his chubby arms up to reach for her, to which she instantly responded by picking him up and cuddling him to her chest.

"Did you sleep well, baby?" She asked him, though expecting no response. Pressing little kisses all over his face as she carried him over to commode dresser to change his diaper and dress him into his fuzzy, baby bear onesie which was perfect for the walk in the park she had planned later on.

Once he was dressed, Moira slung both her tote bag and Ollie's bag over her shoulder, holding Oliver in her arms as she ascended the stairs, planning on going into the kitchen to feed him his formula. She hoped to avoid a confrontation with Harry. His voice echoed into the hallways, so rather than striding into the living room, she pressed herself against the wall to listen.