Chapter 46

"I can't."

He frowned. "What do you mean you can't?"

"You know exactly why, Harry." She shot him a pointed look.

"Can you not move it up to next week?"

"Are you even being for real right now? I have worked my ass off for this and you're asking me to fucking reschedule??"

Harry huffed and rolled his eyes, indicating he was annoyed with her. His annoyance was nothing compared to Moira's, however. Better yet, the anger radiated off of her as she ran a hand through her hair and chuckled, the tone of it lacking humour.

Fate must have despised them a lot. Because as it turned out, the big launch of the -by Moira designed-condos was on the same night as the Crescendos -where Bones was nominated in three categories and Harry himself in one.

Needless to say, Moira understood why Harry could not simply cancel the biggest night of his life. So why did he not understand her point of view? For the past two months, she'd worked herself to the notch; dead tired after she came home and with dark bags gracing her face as she woke up the following morning to go back to the office.

She'd put her heart and soul into this condo project, and Harry had seen it all. How she'd drink cups and cups of coffee to stay awake, he'd experienced her stress and frantic phone calls. So why on earth, did he not understand? Moira could sympathize with his disappointment; because she wouldn't be at the award show to support him in flesh and blood. After all, she felt the same about him not being at the launch. Though that wasn't an excuse for his behaviour.

Not going to the launch would mean all her hard work had been for nothing.

"Come on, baby, this is the Crescendos we're talking about.. Biggest music award show in the world!"

"I know.. But if I don't go to the launch, I'll probably get fired." She sighed. "And besides, I support you regardless of anything. My presence isn't necessarily required to know I love you and I'm proud of you."

Completely ignoring the last part of her speech, he said "So? We have enough money to last us a life time. Plus, you'll be able to spend a whole lot of more time with Ollie and I if you don't have a job."

Moira stared at him for a second then stood up shakily, letting her legs carry her away.

"Where are you going?" He snapped from his spot on the couch, his eyes blazing with something specific as he closely followed her every move.

Never did she give him a solid answer. In that moment, he wasn't worthy of her words. Moira continued making her way upstairs and into their bedroom, shutting the door with a slam and locking it behind her -thanking her lucky charms Ollie was at her mom's place, or else she wouldn't have been able to make as much noise as she had.

Moira had only just sat down on the bed, frustratedly trying to withhold her tears, when footsteps approached fast and furious, heavy feet slapping against the hardwood floor. Laboured panting could be heard on the other side of her barrier from Harry, and she watched on with anticipation as the door trembled when his fist pounded on it repeatedly.

"Moira! Open the god damn door!"

Keeping her eyes locked on the door, she scoffed and shook her head. Of course she wouldn't open the door with him screaming at her like that. "Calm down first and perhaps then I'll reconsider.

The door handle rattled rather aggressively. "I swear I'll break it down." He warned.

"Try me." She challenged, not moving from the bed, grumpily staring ahead with her arms crossed.