[bonus] FERAL.

it was funny.

     to you, at least, that even after hiding your relationship with hange for three months, your friends never learned.

     "are you sure we should keep this hidden?" you asked your soon-to-be spouse, climbing out of the car and stepping into the underground parking lot of your company.

     it's been a week since hange proposed to you, and so far, you haven't really told anyone. the crazy scientist had this sudden idea amidst cuddling, and that was to hide your engagement from your friends and colleagues. just to treasure the memory of hiding your relationship for three months back then.

     hange chuckled warmly and weaved their fingers with yours, raising your hand up to press a small kiss on the silver band around your finger. "it would be funny to hide it again from them," they grinned, "if they notice your ring today, then let's tell them. if they don't, well, let's keep it hush-hush."

     the two of you entered the building as you hum, "i doubt they won't notice it. armin, especially." you told them with a quirked eyebrow, to which they only shook their head at.

     oh how wrong you were.

     even after hours with the three, as well as the team for rhine gorge back then (with the exception of annie), no one noticed a single thing. even if you subtly raised your hand up, leaning against your palm, no one really noticed your glimmering ring.

     armin, especially.

     what the hell happened to him and his observant personality? you didn't know.

     "i'm kind of worried," you told hange with a small frown, "how does armin not notice my ring? he has a good eye, for gosh's sake!" you complained, settling back to the car seat.

     you tilted your head to gaze at the night sky, watching the city lights blur. it was past midnight and the two of you were on your way home after a tiring, chaotic day at work. your brown-haired partner beside you laughed softly and pushed their glasses up to your nose, "love, i think you don't understand that he didn't know we were dating until three months later."

     "should i tell them then?" you asked.

     "let's wait until... a month or so before our wedding." they grinned, glancing at you with a huge smile. "please? it would be a funny prank!"

     you chewed on your lower lips before finally sighing, "fine... but i doubt it would last up to that. maybe they'd notice in like, a week or so?"

     "who knows? wedding preparations take a long time. if they don't notice it by then," they chuckled eerily, "they'd know in maybe about a year."

     you couldn't help but giggle at such thought; that is a very long time. "wow, i would be very surprised if they won't notice by a few weeks."

     hange didn't reply, driving in the comfortable silence as they leaned over to place a hand on your lap. "in all honesty, i can't wait to marry you." they muttered so lovingly, their words bringing warmth deep inside you. like sitting in front of a fireplace to battle the cold winter night.

     you felt your heart leap at their words, a small smile gracing your features. you turned your hand over, just to intertwine each other's fingers. you gave them a comforting squeeze as you replied, "me too. i love you so much."

     turning to gaze at their hazel eyes, the world seemed to slow down once you caught their gaze. you were very thankful the traffic light had turned red, so you could press a small kiss on their cheeks without distracting them from driving.