[xxxv] ROAD TRIP.

after two weeks of extensive research and planning for their 'clean the rivers' project, your team has come up with a plan to further the project where you could create a solution after getting enough information from one of the polluted rivers in germany, the rhine river. after you and your group cleaned the river, you could continue with the other rivers across europe, and possibly the whole world if it was successful, which made everyone willing to risk everything to make sure that the project would go in the right direction.

     thus, hange planned a 'research trip' to rhine gorge. the objective was to collect samples from the rhine river to find out how and why it was polluted before creating some technology that would be perfect for cleaning the said river.

     currently, your research team was waiting in the lobby. multiple bags littered the place, full of clothes and necessities and gadgets and technology for the research. you were all waiting for moblit, who went out to grab the van they rented for three days. all of you would be staying at a fantastic hotel offered by the government. three days, two nights and a breakfast buffet. how exciting!

     "this feels like a roadtrip, don't you think so?" armin asked you and the others, eyes focused on his phone where he scrolled through information about rhine gorge.

     you were currently busy eating snacks with sasha before hearing his question, nodding and looking over to the blond. "you're right... guess we have to enjoy it."

     soon enough, moblit was already waiting outside. everyone piled outside with their bags, placing it on the ground as you and the others climbed up on the van. moblit and hange were the one placing the bags in the trunk, making sure that the important things they needed for their research would be nestled comfortably. you sat down beside annie, who smiled as a greeting, before talking to each other for the time being.

      hange excused themselves from packing up the bags, glancing at the passengers of the van to check if everyone else was already settled in. their eyes landed on you, who was laughing with annie and the others about a meme you showed. jealousy suddenly radiated off the scientist at the sight, their happy-go-lucky façade dropping and turning into something scary and serious. even if you already told them that annie was taken, they couldn't help but feel jealousy all over again. 

     there was something about annie. she was attractive and smart, she's the equivalent of 'mr. steal yo gurl'.

     "y/n!" hange called out with a fake cheerful tone, "come help me with the bags, please?" they asked, flashing a puppy eyes towards you. you laughed before nodding, excusing yourself from annie and following hange to the back of the van.

     "be careful with those," hange said as they pointed towards a large bag which you guessed was full of high-quality technology from their lab.

     "it's my bag for gucci clothes." hange joked. you pursed your lips and glared at them, though they only chuckled before continuing with work.

     you helped moblit and hange with the remaining bags and soon, it was time to head out. you climbed on the van and saw that your seat was taken already by the others, so you settled in the back. nifa was sitting beside moblit in the passenger's seat, samuel, daz and two more people were sitting at the front and annie, armin, sasha and connie were sitting just behind the four.

     and so, you sat at the back with hange. they only smiled, but their mind was nothing but thank yous towards the gods.

     it was quiet as moblit pulled out of the driveway and everyone else was still settling in. you looked out at the window, watching trees and buildings pass by. your heart was picking up at the idea of sitting very close next to hange. at the back of the car. where car sex usually happens.