[xxvii] MEETING.

it was around ten o'clock before midnight and the dark canvas was truly a sight to see. with a cloudless sky that allowed the moon to shine so bright and the starts to twinkle every now and then was a spectacle. the enormous building of hange's research lab towered over the buildings close to it, giving some sort of dominance to the businesses that was already close for the day or was about to. 

     you gazed at the large windows of the meeting room, face pressed up against the window with your hands placed on the glass, mouth agape as you awed at the city lights filling up your sight. it was a blurry sight, with the distant lights and all, but you adored every bit of it. behind you were some of you colleagues, talking and laughing with any topic as they waited for the meeting to start.

     it was only a few of them in the room and everyone else had gotten home already but they, along with yourself, were chosen by hange to go to this somewhat important meeting. you and the others were confused as to what it could possibly be but considering that you were scientists, you'd probably helping with something important that could possibly change the world.

     "ugh, even boss is late to their own meeting." connie complained with his voice laced with annoyance. he took a seat at the back of the glass table with armin and sasha following him, engrossed with their own conversation.

     the meeting room was formal and plain, yet beautiful. the walls were colored with white that was a bit bright to look at. the floors were tiled in marble and no speck of dirt could be seen on the tiles. the room was decorated with simple ornaments, like a potted plant or vases that brought the room a bit more color and life. the placement wasn't random, heck, it matched with the simplicity hange was aiming for. a medium length glass table filled with multiple leather swivel chairs were aligned vertically in the middle of the room, with the glass windows in it's left side, and at the front was a projector set-up and a few cables and gadgets.

     "i'm sure they're on their way soon," you hummed out in a calm tone, pulling your face away from the window to gaze at your friends lounging by the table who were starting to get bored by waiting.

     armin scoffed and crossed his arms, "considering that we're talking about a person full of surprises, i highly doubt that."

     the buzzcut-haired cocked an eyebrow at the blond, "you know, armin. you changed. you're usually nice and innocent but now, it's like something possessed you. you're always so cranky."

     sapphire blue eyes darkened after that, losing its little bits of purity, as armin gazed at his friend. "i had summoned cthulu and he now lives inside me." he replied plainly in a monotone voice.

     connie chuckled and shook his head, placing an arm around armin's shoulder as he messed his hair. "oh armin, your jokes are always so dark but i somehow like it."

      to the front of the room, two more figures were talking by themselves in the corner. they certainly weren't trying to talk to you and your group, hell, they were clearly ignoring you. the two of them were always together and started ignoring you and your group for some reason. you recognized them as samuel and daz, two amazing research chemists working with them. 

     you had asked sasha about their problem with your group but she only told you to ask armin and connie, who apparently used to be close with them. the two men only laughed when you asked about it but there was some sort of guilt? anger? glinting in their eyes when they looked at each other upon hearing the name of the two. apparently, they had bad blood during their high school life and up until now, it was still going on and the duo just chose to ignore them until the day they die.

     whatever it was, their 'bad blood' must be very serious if samuel and daz ignores even the friends of their enemies, who knows nothing for that matter. it was suspicious, suspicious indeed.