[lv] SUIT.

"...and it's a success!"

     a chorus of cheers filled your ears while your e/c hues trained on the small contraption in the middle of the rhine river. the tension in your shoulders lifted and a small smile broke out of your face and soon, you were joining the deafening cheers of your co-workers.

     "fucking finally!" armin yelled in frustration, earning laughs from the others at his sudden outburst. you smiled and pulled your friends in a tight hug, jumping about to get rid of the buzzing nerves from your success.

     the smile on your face never left. why would it? after a year and a half, you finally finished a successful prototype to clean up the rhine river. all of you poured all your blood, sweat, and tears into making it. knowing that all of you had came up with the right plan to clean one of the polluted rivers, and possibly more, just sent your stomach into a good kind of frenzy.

     "can you believe it? i think i'm gonna cry," connie sheepishly confessed with tears streaming down his face.

     you rolled your eyes, "you're already crying, idiot."

     sasha let out a relieved laugh and placed an arm around your shoulder, "i'm just glad that i don't have to spend another time in that god forsaken lab. trying to get those fucking wires to work."

     the blond beside her arched an eyebrow before bursting her bubble, "i'm just letting you know that this is only a prototype and we'll be making a bigger one soon enough."

     "damn it, armin!"

     for the past hour or so, you and your team started to plan the next course of action after that. one representative of the government was there as well, to see if the prototype would be successful after three or four tries.

     the sun was already setting when the meeting finished and the representative has already left, leaving your team gazing at the sun that slowly disappeared along the horizon.

     "alright, everyone!" hange clasped their hands together and grinned, "now, i know we're all excited that we finally got it right but this is only the start! the real work begins soon so i hope all of you are ready."

     "yes, boss!"

     "but..." the brown-haired scientist dragged the word on and only now did you see them shaking excitedly, "we won't be working on it until next month! luckily, the mayor received the news and is throwing a party for our success! so put your dance pants on because we'll be dancing the night away this friday!"

     and just like earlier, the whole team cheered and yelled, thrilled for the night to come. considering that all of you were tired and sleep-deprived just to finish your task, a night without worrying about it was something all of you wished for months ago.

     the others rushed towards the van, chattering about the party and much more. your eyes were smiling, a light feeling on your chest as you watch them climb on the van. behind you was hange, who grinned and wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

     you looked up and flashed them a small smile, your e/c hues twinkling in their view. "congratulations to you, boss hange." you winked, your arm circling their waist as you peck their cheeks.

     they arched a brow, "why the sudden formality?"

     you shrugged, "why not?"

     rolling their brown eyes, they lead you towards the van where the others were waiting. but before you could enter and get separated from them, they gripped your wrist and pulled you back to whisper something in your ear.