[xxxii] ARCADE.

"uhm, boss?" you called out to hange who was currently dragging you alongside them, pulling you inside the mall near your workplace.

     hange only hummed, ther eyeglasses glinting mischievously as they glanced around the busy building. before you could get another word out, the eccentric scientist grinned before pulling you towards the arcade located in the first floor.

     "w-wait, aren't we supposed to eat?" you voiced helplessly as you got inside, watching your boss exchange their money for some tokens excitedly. albeit you're tempted to play, you were very hungry and your break time was only limited. you didn't want a repeat of last time where the two of you extended your lunch and went back to work after an hour.

     if moblit came back and saw that you two were still not there, let's just say someone's getting a heart attack.

     "we only have little time, boss! we can't be playing!" you cried out in a desperate tone, watching your superior run around the arcade while laughing creepily every time. you could only shake your head at the childlike behavior your boss was showing before finally following them.

     the arcade wasn't packed but there was a good amount of children and teens playing some games. it was noisy with their laughter and cheers mixing together as well as the noises the machines make, making your head throb a bit.

     you placed your hands on your pocket, glancing at the games as you for a certain brown-haired person who suddenly went missing. should you leave? no, hange might get heartbroken once they realize that you left without notifying them. worse, they'd probably ignore you again!

     your shoulders relaxed once you saw hange concentrating on one of the crane games at the corner. hange was biting their lip, brows furrowed that made you simply laugh at how silly and adorable they looked. you went over to them to check what they were aiming for, only to see that they were trying to win a cute cat plushie.

    "the trick here, y/n," hange said with a tone of professionalism, "is to use your brain." they pressed the big red button and the two of you watched as the crane came down. instead of grabbing the plush outright, it grabbed its tag instead.

     you gaped as the crane moved upwards with the calico plushie before being placed to the corner, signifying that they succeee. hange cheered as they grabbed the plushie, showing it to the you with an excited grin. you smiled and clapped softly, making them laugh before handing it to you.

     "there, my gift for you!"

     you could only grip the plushie tightly, your heart fluttering at their action. though you shoo your head and handed it to them instead. "no, no! you won it, so you should have it." you exclaimed, pushing the plushie towards their hands. hange, as stubborn as you were, didn't take it and push it back towards you.

     hange ruffled your hair and placed an arm around your shoulder, dragging you to another crane game. "we're on a date remember?" hange gazed down towards you, who had your  eyes fixated on the ground to hide the blooming blush in your cheeks. "it's my duty to win you as many prizes as i can!"

     "y-you don't need to..." you whispered softly, hiding half of your face using the soft plushie. the superior could only chuckle as they inserted a token inside the game, turning to you with a wink.

     "oh shush, princess and watch me win!"

     princess... princess?!

     oh no, connie's right! i do feel submissive when people call me pet names! you internally screamed at the revaliaton, your brain going haywire as you started to think of multiple scenarios that wasn't safe for work. your face was red as a tomato and the butterflies in your stomach were fluttering about all because of the word 'princess'. you couldn't understand how they was making you feel so many things. even though you were confused and a bit annoyed, you didn't want it to suddenly disappear.

     hange continued to win you some of the prizes in the crane game and in return, you tried to win one for them. you luckily did, after three tries. hange then dragged you to watch them play tekken, one of the games that they grew up playing and somehow mastered.

     it was a multiplayer-type of game and although hange invited you to play, a random teenager was already seated beside them before they could get the words out of their mouth. the round started and the teen started to attack hange's character, a sly grin on his face when each attack lowered their health. you glanced at your boss, wondering why they weren't hitting back. their health bar was already red and one more combo attack could be the end of them.

     you were about to ask what was wrong when hange suddenly pressed the buttons in a flurry, surprising the teen that he stopped moving. within five seconds, hange won. you could only gawk, so this is what they meant by 'mastering' the game.

     "w-what the fuck..." the teen sputtered out, his eyes shining with fear and amazement. he turned to hange, only to see their glasses glinting in the light. even if he couldn't exactly see their eyes, he felt them staring deep within him and judging every sin he has made.

     he gulped and hopped down the seat before running away. hange grinned and patted the seat beside them, looking up at you with pleading eyes. "play with me, princess!"

     you swallowed the lump in your throat and glanced at your watch. you noticed there was still thirty minutes left so you thought, fuck it and sat beside them as your shaky fingers hovered her over the buttons. "alright but only if you don't immediately kill me like what you did to the poor boy." you teased after finding your voice, "i still feel his fear."

     after some time the two exited the arcade once spending all of their tokens. you were holding at least three stuffed toys thanks to hange's strategy with that crane game, to which they were very proud of. they then dragged the other to a local burger joint and you thanked the heavens for finally getting to eat. you exited the mall with hange's arm wrapped around your shoulder once again, as the two of you stuff your faces with the delicious burger.

     you couldn't help but let out a contented hum after tasting the rich flavors of the meat and it definitely was worth the wait. you checked the time again and your eyes widened once you realized that work started ten minutes ago. you turned to the brunette who was too busy eating their own burger, oblivious to the panic in your eyes.

     "uhm, boss, we're already--"

     they tilted ther head to look down on your eyes, "call me hange, princess."

     "huh?" stop, i can't feel my legs!

     hange laughed and pulled you closer causing your heart to beat erratically, "call me hange when it's just the two of us!" they explained cheerfully. their eyes suddenly darkened and the smile was replaced with a smirk. hange leaned down to whisper on your ear and you shuddered upon feeling their warm breathe fanning your cherry red cheeks, "but if you want, you can call me daddy too."

a/n: i know, i'm screaming too.