[xxxix] IDIOT.

"you're an idiot."

     you hissed as hange tightened the elastic bandage around your ankle, before slowly letting out a choked laugh even when the latter was trying to kill you with pain. "i know..." you mumbled, laying on your back as you stared at the ceiling of the room. it was just the two of you inside the hotel room as hange offered to take care of you while the others finished the research for the time being.

     the scientist continued to tend to your sprained ankle, eyebrows meeting together. the stillness of the room was making you uncomfortable, especially when your lover was glaring at your feet. despite their scary expression, you knew that they were only concerned of your well-being as everyone just found out that, not only could you be oblivious, but you could also be clumsy.

     "hange, i'm sorry." you muttered, pouting as the latter didn't look up from their work. you were about to sit up when the latter pushed you back down, a squeal emitting from your lips as they pressed a finger hard on your ankle.

     "ow! okay, i'm sorry!" you cried out.

     "you really are an idiot."

     "i get it now," you frowned, "you kept telling me that ever since we got here."

     they sighed and retreated their hands from your foot and you could finally breathe properly when the pounding pain slowly disappeared. you lifted your leg up to check your feet, only to cringe and put it back down softly on the bed.

      hange busied themselves with fixing the materials they used to take care of you, making you frown. you sat up and carefully inched towards them, wrapping your arms around their waist and burying your face on their shoulder.

     "i'm sorry, please don't be mad." you cooed, looking up to see hange turning away from your puppy eyes. "notice me or i'll cry." you whined, tightening your embrace on the latter.

     you weren't always clingy, but the fact that hange was mad and ignoring you because of your stupidity made you do so. this was a personality you hid from people in case they get fed up and now, hange was bringing it out of you like they were sucking up a soul.

      "alright, alright." hange grumbled as they placed a hand on your head, stroking your hair as you grinned in triumph. "sheesh, since when did you become a soft baby?" they asked, giggling as they cupped your cheeks in their hands.

     your cheeks heated up and you awkwardly laughed, adverting your e/c hues away from their hazel ones. they pressed a kiss on your forehead and hugged you tight, their tense shoulders dropping each second until they were finally relaxed at your hold.

     "you should be careful from now on." they ordered as they pulled away, "you'll be resting here while we finish testing the samples today, got it?"

     frowning, you nodded. "okay, but can i join with asking about the sewage lines tomorrow? i don't want to be a burden." you mumbled quietly, closing your eyes as you leaned close to their warmth.

     "you need to rest--"

     "i can do it, please? it's not like i'm going to run around tomorrow!"

     shaking their head, they finally gave in. "fine, but you'll have annie and sasha with you."

     you nodded and grinned, earning another kiss on the forehead because hange just found you adorable. they pulled away and stood up, placing the kit on the nightstand as they checked the time.

     "will you be okay here?" they asked, a bit worried with leaving you alone.

     you tilted your head, "yup. it's not like i'm going to escape!" you exclaimed before slowly whispering, "but i might."

     picking up the last part, hange narrowed their eyes at you before smiling. "okay, be careful and don't stand up too much." they warned as they crouched down to peck your hair before kissing your lips.

     you shut your eyes and allowed yourself to succumb to hange's shuddering touch, pulling them close by placing a hand on the back of their neck. hange hummed against your lips, a warm hand gripping your exposed waist as your shirt riddled up. their tongue poked out of their mouth, teasing your lower lip for entrance.

     the sound of knocking on the door caused you to quickly pull away, your cheeks a beautiful shade of red. hange snickered to themselves and turned to the door, saying a cheerful 'come in'. the door opened and your three friends entered without knowing what just happened, concerned but mostly amused at your problem.

     the brown-haired scientist grinned and placed their hands on their hips before turning to you, "well, i'll be checking up with nifa. you three, make sure to come back." hange chirped out before closing the door, waving their fingers as a goodbye.

     grinning, connie and sasha immediately rushed to your side while armin shook his head at the two. "so! what happened between you two, huh?" sasha excitedly asked, making you snort.

     "nothing happened--"

     "i call bullshit! there's absolutely no way that 'nothing happened'. did you guys kiss? fuck? answer! was it angsty? did they say that they don't want to lose you? did they cry? come on, tell us!" connie rambled on, gripping your shoulders tight as he pierced his golden eyes on yours.

     "what the hell? nothing really happened!" you tried to explain quickly, "where did you even get that? you're reading too much fanfiction."

     "hm, sure." armin hummed as he sat down in front of you, making sure to avoid your injured foot.

     "they were just mad!" you exclaimed nervously under their suspicious stares, "because i was too careless and could've ruined the research, you know?" you grinned, cringing at how awkward it was. it was a lie, you knew that, but you had to act like the dense bitch you are if you wanted to keep your relationship with your boss a secret.

     it's not that hard too, considering that you've done it for months without knowing it. it's almost like a second nature to you.

     sasha groaned, "ugh, you being oblivious is making me sick! can't you see they're worried about you?"

     the blond beside you nodded, "yeah and they were the first one that came to rescue you."

     you scowled and whipped your head to face armin, who slowly started to smile innocently. "that's because you laughed your ass off first when you're the nearest to me!"

     "but seriously," connie started, "don't you notice how boss cares for you more than us?"

     blushing, you looked away and shrugged. "i-i guess but maybe--"

     sasha screamed and grabbed you in a chokehold, "you're an idiot, i swear! boss fucking likes you!"

     armin only chuckled and attempted to pry your friend off of you, to no avail. "okay, fine! i am an idiot so please get off of me!" you exclaimed helplessly, gripping her arm as you cried.

     "do you like boss then?"

     obviously but i have to act like an idiot.

     "i-i guess?" you cleared your throat, "y-you already asked me that and i answered!"

     connie deadpanned, "it was an ugly answer. you were just denying yourself when it's painfully obvious."

     after arguing with the three when they gave you words of wisdom about feelings, love and relationship, they left you alone in your hotel room to continue working.

     you gently laid your head on your pillow, closing your eyes as you sighed. you had no idea that lying about something you were blind to months ago would be exhausting but it did.

     grabbing your phone, you checked the groupchat with your friends.