Something Worth Fighting For Prologue

• Dedicated to My boyfriend, who is not only my lover, but also my very best friend

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Prologue

What would you fight for? Your best friends, the people in your town, perhaps your country, or maybe even a second chance at love.

Archer grew up in Australia and had the perfect life – great friends and a beautiful girlfriend by the name of Marian. The world was practically at his feet, until he chose a different path that would take him and Marian further away from one another.

Three years ago, he and his friends had chosen to pack up their belongings and go to Afghanistan to join and serve in the army. In doing this, he leaves behind Marian, the girl he promised he would always love and protect.

After he goes, Marian clings to the hope he’ll come back for her soon and apologize for leaving her. Months go by and she receives no word from Archer, crushing her hopes of being with him again. She learns to move on with her life, pushing her boyfriend to the back of her mind and turning him into a distant memory of the past.

She occupies herself with more important tasks, such as helping out the homeless in her town and volunteering her time at various organisations. She soon discovers people are suffering even more than she thought and decides to make it her life mission to help those around her. Whilst doing this she has a few run-ins with the bad boys of town and various gangs.

Determined not to see them overrun the streets, she takes up self defence classes and teaches herself basic moves of fighting. She takes her new skills to the streets, fighting the troublesome gangs. Marian wears a disguise that ensures people will not know who she is, covering herself from head to toe in black, and the only part visible being her blue eyes.

Everything is going swimmingly in her life, that is until Archer comes walking back into it nearly three years later. He can see where the town is headed if something is not done about the various criminals that run the town, including a mysterious organisation headed by Lachlan, a man obsessed with power, money, and his new found love – Marian.

Sure enough, a string of events lead Marian and Archer back together, who both are set on seeing Lachlan brought to justice. The pair do not agree on many things anymore, but a common enemy begins to unite them together under one purpose.

Between fighting Lachlan and his men and slowly trying to win back Marian’s heart and earn her forgiveness, Archer soon learns that he did not need to prove himself by going off to war, when the real battle was right at home.

The question remains – Is their love something worth fighting for?