Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 28

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 28

“Music,” muttered Marian, thinking of things that would help distract Lachlan while Archer and his friends did their thing.

“Looking for something Marian?” asked Guy.

A smirk plastered on his face.

“Music,” she replied, trying to sound sweet. “For tonight.”

Guy laughed.

“Trying to suck up to his good side are we?”

Marian gritted her teeth.

She wanted nothing more than to punch him in the face, then finish it off by burying his head in some sand.

“I’m not sucking up, I just want music,” she said politely. “And why do you keep popping up like that...it’s really creepy.”

Guy shrugged.

“I’m stuck with babysitting you to make sure you don’t wander off. As for the music, there’s a collection in his office, if you’re quick to choose I’ll show you now,” he said, leading the way.

“Why do we need to be quick?” asked Marian.

Guy turned back to look at her.

“I don’t want to be stuck anywhere near you for more than I have to. Not only does it look bad, but it’d drive Lachlan crazy if he were to see me near you.”

“But you just said you need to babysit me.”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean be around you. Just to keep an eye out and make sure you don’t try to escape. Lachlan doesn’t trust anyone with his prized possessions, aka you.”

“Don’t you trust each other as friends?” asked Marian, trying to find out more about the relationship Guy and Lachlan had.

“Ha, friends? No way, it’s called partners in crime and that’s as far as it goes. If I slip up I’m dead. Same goes for everyone here.”

“Why do you work for him then?” questioned Marian, determined to get to the bottom of who Guy was.

“Truthfully, I love the money and the thrill of it all. Killing people and stuff of that nature has always given me excitement,” he replied, opening the door of the study and pointing to the case of music.

Marian walked in quickly, confused at what she had just heard.

‘How can one man be so horrible? Getting excited from inflicting pain – Lachlan has some messed up people around him...but I guess that’s what happens when you’re insane like that,’ she thought, pulling out a few CD’s.

“Thanks,” she mumbled, quickly walking out of the room.

“No problem,” said Guy, shutting the door closed. “Now run along.”

Marian rolled her eyes.

He was probably being slightly kinder to her than he was this morning after her little threat.

                                                                    ***

“You’re back,” called Lucas, sitting amongst the boys for breakfast.

Archer came over to join them.

“Sorry, went for a morning jog and didn’t check the time,” he lied, not wanting to tell them what he’d really been up to, or thinking for that matter.