Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 5

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 5

The boys had finished their lunch and sat around the table, looking expectantly at Archer.

"So what happened this morning?" prodded Alex gently.

Archer took a deep breath; it would be hard to tell them everything.

"Okay first off, this next thing that I'm about to tell you must be kept between us. Legit - if this gets out, you're endangering the person who saved us last night."

"You know who it was?" asked Tyler.

"Yes, but I need your word that you won't tell anyone else - friends, police, no one," said Archer.

"I won't and neither will the others," said Tyler, looking around the table.

They all nodded their heads in agreement; they were best friends and would never go back on their word.

"Okay, the reason why I went to visit Marian today is because she is that mystery figure," said Archer, waiting for their reactions.

"She is?" asked Seth, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I know it's a shock, but last night I pulled her disguise off and saw it was her. She needs to keep it a secret - not even her father knows what she does."

"Alright, I have a lot of questions to ask like how and why - but I want to know about the other men last night," said Seth.

"Even I don't know everything about Marian yet," said Archer, "Anyway, I gave her that piece of paper with the symbol Dan drew on it and asked if she knew anything about it."

"What did she say?" asked Ryan.

"She told me the symbol belonged to a man by the name of Lachlan - a notorious criminal who is apparently a well-known drug and arms dealer. The police won't touch him because he's really dangerous. That's why Marian insisted not to go to the police with this. He has people everywhere too, so it's not exactly safe to share all this with the police anyways."

"Seriously?" asked Alex.

"Yeah, Marian knows what she's talking about. There's rumours he's moved near this area too, so she said to keep a low profile."

"What's he gonna do, kill us?" joked Ryan.

Archer looked at him. "Yes, he would if he got the chance. He's feared and respected - that tells me he's killed a lot to be feared by everyone."

"What if he comes looking for us?" asked Dan worriedly.

Archer looked thoughtful then grinned. "Right now we should be fine - he's a drug and arms dealer, he won't hurt us if he's busy doing other things. However, if one of his men comes looking for us - or even discover where we are, there's a huge forest backing off our house. We'll just grab some camping stuff an-"

"Are you crazy?" interrupted Ryan, "We aren't Robin Hood and we can't just go living out there!"

"You're right - that's why Marian gave me this," said Archer, pulling out then gun she had given him.

"Dude, she gave you that?" asked Tyler, pointing towards the gun.

"Yup, also told me not to use it unless trouble comes looking for us," laughed Archer.

"Well alright, this is a lot to take in, but seriously, if trouble does come looking for us, Archer's idea wasn't a bad one," commented Alex.

"He's right," said Seth, "We could actually go to the forest, as long as we had the equipment and stuff."