Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 7

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 7

“Marian, are you up?” called her father from downstairs.

The boys all got up when they heard his voice.

“What do we do?” hissed Tyler, who started to panic.

“Get the pillows and chuck them on Marian’s bed,” said Seth, throwing his pillow on her bed and crawling under it to hide.

“I can fit two more under here,” called Seth.

Ryan and Tyler hurried under the bed.

Archer looked around. “Dan, in the wardrobe and Alex go outside on the vines. I need to wake Marian.”

Both Dan and Alex did what he said while Archer rushed over to Marian. He could hear her father’s footsteps coming up the stairs.

Archer shook her gently.

“Marian wake up – your father’s calling,” he whispered desperately.

Marian’s eyes snapped open when she heard those words.

Just then they both heard the door knob turning. Without thinking, Archer crawled underneath the covers, sticking close to Marian’s body so he would not be seen.

A second later her father had his head poking inside her room.

“Yes, I’m awake,” said Marian sitting up.

“I’m sorry I woke you,” he apologised.

‘It’s okay, I slept in a little,” said Marian, praying Archer wouldn’t move.

“Alright, I will talk to you later then,” said her father, shutting the door.

Marian let out a sigh of relief.

Archer stuck his head out of the covers.

“So, this is you with your hair down?” he joked.

Marian growled and kicked him out of the bed. She was about to get out herself when Seth rolled out.

“Sorry,” he said.

Dan walked out of the wardrobe followed by Alex coming back inside via the window. Both Ryan and Tyler crawled out from under the bed.

“You can’t stay any longer,” stated Marian, getting out of the bed. “Look I can give you some basic supplies later but that’s all.”

“She’s right,” said Alex, walking to Archer.

“What are we going to do?” asked Tyler.

“I have a plan,” said Archer.

Marian crossed her arms with an amused look on her face.

“Somehow I’m not convinced.”

“Half a plan,” said Archer, who still did not sound very convincing.

Marian rolled her eyes. “It’s quite simple really. You still have the SUV. All you need is some good camping equipment and you should be fine – at least for now. There’s nothing you can do about the house. Lachlan will have men on guard and it’s hardly worth the trouble of risking you’re life.”

“What about the police – surely they will help?” asked Seth.

“I’m afraid not. Lachlan’s very dangerous – it’s a miracle we got out of there. By now he’ll have people after you so you’re best option is to disappear.”