Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 21

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 21

Lachlan’s back gardens appeared to be even more beautiful at night.

It was lit up with many different lights and the water features glowed radiantly against the background of plants.

Suddenly he stopped short in the middle of the garden, pulling her close.

"I can't wait to show you just how much I love you," he whispered. 

“Sound great,” she said, looking away from Lachlan.

All she could see in his eyes was lust – perhaps even a type of love that could only come from someone as obsessed as Lachlan.

“I have something to give you too,” said Lachlan, pulling something out from his left pocket.

“A brand new iPhone,” smiled Marian, taking it from him.

“Yeah, it’s a slightly better version then the last one you had,” he said casually, as money was no problem for him. “Same as before too – so you can only call me, which should be okay with you, since you are really starting to warm up to me and making a commitment into being my girlfriend.”

‘What.The.Hell,’ thought Marian.

“Since when did I make that commitment?” asked Marian boldly.

“Since when I was gracious and gave you a week to get used to the fact of sleeping with me,” he growled. “I could have easily chosen otherwise.”

‘And you’re just lucky I didn’t cut your balls off at the first chance I got.’

His scowl immediately changed into a smirk as he looked at his phone.

“One minute Marian,” he said, walking down the garden path to answer his phone.

“That’s all I need,” she whispered, taking out Archer’s phone and putting up the message screen.

Combination is 1 7 3 7 2. I will try organise with Lucas an exact time for you to break into the vault.

-Marian

“Message sent,” she whispered, tucking the phone back into its special hiding place, just in time as Lachlan came back to her.

“I think it’s time we went inside and had a nice relaxing bubble bath,” commented Lachlan, wrapping an arm around her waist and walking her down the garden’s path.

“We?” asked Marian worriedly.

Lachlan sighed – he probably wouldn’t be able to resist her if she were butt naked. Heck, it was hard enough when she was fully clothed.

“Fine, wear a bikini or something if you really must cover up.”

“Thank you,” said Marian, her voice barely above a whisper.

                                                                    ***

“So the plan is to break into the house on Friday night, get the stuff out of the vault and don’t die in the process?” asked Tyler.

“Yeah, it’ll be easy,” said Archer, looking around at his friends.

“Dangerous more like,” muttered Dan.

“Marian and Lachlan are the only ones in the house – how hard could it be?” asked Alex.

“For a start, he still is armed,” said Ryan.