Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 4

Copyright © 2011 preciious-diamondz

Chapter 4

Marian woke to the sound of birds chirping outside her window. She yawned and stretched out her arms. She looked at the clock next to her bed. It read 7:10. She groaned.

‘Better go make breakfast for daddy,’ she thought to herself.

She swung her legs over the side of her double bed and stood up. She looked down to see she had forgotten to change out of her clothes from last night.

“Hmm...” she muttered walking to her wardrobe.

She picked out some ripped, fitted jeans and a black tank top. She grabbed a bra and some undies then opened her door and walked down the stairs to the bathroom.

Marian put her clothes in the bathroom and stuck her head out of the room. It did not look like her father was awake and up yet, which was good since she hadn’t made him breakfast. She shut the door behind her and took off her clothes. She thought of Archer, and what he had told her last night about coming to see her.

Marian got into the shower and turned on the taps, still thinking of Archer.

“Marian, even when you look at me in anger – I still feel you and I believe, even after all this time, somewhere in your heart, you still have feelings for me.”

She chuckled. He was always like that. He knew how to make a lady feel special. She thought back to before the war, when she had gotten back from a date with Archer. Her father was out and so Archer had come in for a bit. A goodnight kiss turned into something more – lots of kissing, then touching, then somehow ending up on her bed, and finally, Archer pausing, asking her if it was okay to “do this”.

Marian sighed. She, being naive and young, thought he would be the one who would never leave her, and one day marry her – happily agreed to continue with what they were about to do.

That night both lost their virginity to the other. A tear fell down Marian’s cheek at the thought. The thought of the next day, with Archer telling her he’d received a letter, which explained to him he had been accepted into a training group with his friends – bound for Afghanistan. He had only found out after he got back from her house – but it still hurt Marian to realise she had given all of herself away to a guy she may or may not see again. A week later he left, and that’s the last she saw of him for three years.

                                                                    ***

“Marian! Are you up yet?” called her father.

Marian snapped out of her painful memories and realised she’d been standing in the shower for just over half an hour.

“Ah yes, I’m up,” she called. “I’ll make breakfast in a minute.”

She heard his warm laugh.

“Don’t worry Marian, I’ve only just gotten up – you take your time!”

Marian turned off the taps and stepped out of the shower, reaching over for her towel and warpping it around her body. She quickly dried off and put her clothes on. She brushed her hair quickly, and walked out of the bathroom to see none other than Archer sitting across the table from her father.

Archer looked up to see Marian and smiled, winking at her. She shot him a glare and walked past both of them, headed to the kitchen.

“Pancakes okay?” asked Marian.