Wooyoung- Someone I knew (PT. 2)

Wooyoung had easily become one of your bestest friends. It had been 2 years since that unexpected meeting at your mom's friends party. After you had exchanged numbers, that day, you had started chatting and eventually hanging out. Throughout the year, you became closer through bickering, especially when it came to who liked Jimin more, and laughter, as you genuinely enjoyed each other's company.

You were introduced to his close friend group which consisted of him, Yeonjun, Changbin and Yeosang. Of course, at first, you felt like dying from being starstruck every time you met these insanely handsome men. It didn't feel real at all.

If you had told the 'you' a year ago that you would have become friends with some of the most famous idols at the moment, you would have probably laughed at yourself. You couldn't but think that you had to have saved an entire nation in your past life, for you to be that lucky. However, they were so welcoming and you found yourself being very comfortable around them. They turned out to be just as normal as any other guy of your age and you blended in, effortlessly.

When it came to falling for Wooyoung, it wasn't completely unpredicted, actually you kind of expected it. You were already somewhat infatuated with him from the start, beginning from the fact that he was your bias in ATEEZ. Him being the same as who he portrayed to be in front of the cameras, didn't help either. As the two of you got even closer, he did confide in you and you did find out other aspects of him that were quite surprising but nevertheless, loved equally.

'He was just so easy to love.'

However, reality slapped you hard, the day he had completely friendzoned you. He told you that you had changed his view on friendships between opposite genders, something he had never believed in, until he met you. He told you how much he cherished you and how he hoped that you could be great friends forever.

That was when you had decided that you would have forgotten your feelings for him. It was an all too familiar trope, how one friend falling for the other would have completely ruined their, through time, well-built, friendship. And you knew you weren't living in a romance drama for him to magically reciprocate your feelings, if you ever confessed.

Therefore, you had crossed your heart and hoped to die, if you'd ever have kept on falling deeper in love with him, but... to your dismay, you didn't die.

You, now, found yourself utterly hopeless.

"If you like him that much, just confess." Mido stated matter-of-factly.

"It's not that easy." You sighed.

"What isn't? You have been suppressing your feelings for who knows how long and you aren't getting any better. So, rather than being sad over him all the time, wouldn't it be better to confess and get it over with? And what's the worst that can happen? It's either a yes or a no. If it is, indeed, the ever so anticipated no, at least then, you can finally move on from this never-ending emotional torture you are putting yourself through." Your best friend explained, even though it felt more like nagging. "Just what is holding you back?"

"First of all, he doesn't see me as a potential love interest." You stated.

"Why would you think that? Look at you, you are gorgeous." Mido pointed out.

"Stop it." You were embarrassed.

"I'm serious! Wooyoung is single, isn't he?" She questioned.

"Yeah..."

You sort of expected Wooyoung to talk to you about his romantic relationships, as he considered you a 'precious friend', but he never did. However, you had to know for your own sanity. You did take the cowardly path though, you asked Yeosang instead; also because he was the only other person that knew about your feelings. You felt as if you could confide in him, completely.