San- It's complicated (PT. 2)

It had been barely two days since that ridiculous confrontation with Sua and even if your university assignments were piling up like there was no tomorrow, you couldn't but be tormented by her words.

San was busy with work as well and truthfully not being able to see each other too often was something very normal. It was something that was well understood by the both of you yet... something so typical was now turning into doubt.

"I hate this..." You muttered to yourself as you closed the textbook in front of you. Giving up on studying for what felt like the hundredth time that day. You were sure there was zero to no possibility of you passing that exam with your mind being such a mess.

You sighed as you stood up from your study table and stretched your back a little. You then proceeded to get your phone, thinking of sending a message to San. You hovered your thumb over his name's chat before, scratching that idea and calling him instead. Maybe hearing his voice would have cheered you up. Unfortunately, he didn't pick up.

You sighed again and decided to go out for a walk; you desperately needed to do something to distract you from those thoughts. Maybe window shopping alone was a good alternative.

You plugged in your earphones; one of your favourite songs already playing on your phone. You also grabbed your keys and your purse before heading out of your house. You smiled as you continued to walk past your neighbourhood.

You thought how much you missed this kind of activity; something that used to be so routine for you, before you started dating San. You did have your friends, but you loved spending time alone. However, San helped you become more sociable and whenever you did do things, you were with either him or friends.

Your eyes lit up as you scanned the beautiful displays of accessories and clothings, through the windows, of the shops, as you strolled down the street. You were a simple person; you got amused by the smallest of things.

You were just about to change lanes, to go see the shops on the other side of the main road, when by afar you spotted two, way too familiar figures.

You squinted your eyes to focus your vision; stopping the music on your phone from playing, which your brain had made you believe would have made you see better.

It was San and Sua, they were walking side by side, happily chatting as they continued on their way.

Your heart dropped to the floor and you couldn't suppress your loud gasp.

"What..."

You mumbled to yourself in disbelief. What was happening? Why were they together? What were they doing together?

All your doubts came crashing down on you, harder than ever. Each and every word Sua had told you previously, engraving itself in your mind, ready to torture you forever.

Why did life want to test your trust, when it knew damn well, you were too vulnerable for stuff like that...

Just how were you to compete against Sua...

The next day, San had texted you that he would have passed by your apartment, that evening.

"Baby..." He whined as his body slumped on to yours, his forehead resting on your shoulder. You felt his radiating exhaustion.

You wrapped your arms around him and pulled him closer to you. He hugged you back as he relaxed under your touch.

"I missed you, San." You said; a sense of relief brushing over you, whatsoever. You smiled as you ignored your worries and doubts, focusing solely on his presence. He was there, right there with you... and that was all that mattered.