Hongjoong- Business Deal (PT. 1)

"Right. Y/N, you have to get ready for tomorrow's wedding." Your mom's words laid nonchalant in the air, as she took another bite of her food.

"Who's wedding?" You questioned uninterested, your eyes not leaving your plate, all your attention drawn to picking out the horrendous fennel from your salad.

"Yours." The elder's voice was affirmative and matter-of-factly.

Your eyes progressively widened as you hurriedly directed your gaze towards your mother, who was still acting indifferent about it.

"What!?" You exclaimed, dumbfounded.

"Oh... Did I forget to mention it to you?" She scratched her chin with her index finger.

"What do you mean you forgot to mention it!?" You raised your voice; this whole conversation was ridiculous.

"Anyways. Yes, you are getting married tomorrow." Your mom confirmed. "All the preparations were done by the groom's side. They surely can afford more extravagance than we can." She took a sip of her water, masking a feeling of envy. "All they asked from our side was to take care of you until the wedding day."

"M-Mom are you even listening to yourself? When did you even agree to this?" You inquired for more essential answers.

"Uhm... Yesterday?" Your mother replied, squinting her eyes in an attempt to remember better.

You were at a loss of words. Just what kind of absurd turn of events was unveiling in front of you?

"Okay." You let out an exasperated sigh as you stood up from the dining table. "Your joke is no longer funny and I refuse to go along with it."

"It's not a joke." Her words reconfirmed.

"Mom, seriously. I'm tired." You closed your eyes, trying to compose yourself as you turned around to leave the dining room.

"Didn't you want to get married? I thought you wouldn't have had any problem with it. That's why I planned it out with their family." Her voice held perplexion, she was convinced that her daughter's reaction would have been completely different.

"That's not how it works!" You exclaimed as you turned back around to face your mom. "D-Did you really think I'd agree to marry some stranger that I am going to see, for the first time, at the altar?"

"First of all, calm down." Your mother stated, with her poised demeanor.

"C-Calm down!? How am I to calm down when you are spouting such nonsense!?" You shouted.

"Y/N. You have no choice but to marry him." You were taken aback from her serious tone.

She took a deep breath, recollecting her thoughts so as to put them into words.

"You know how after your father's passing, we haven't been doing well financially. The company that your father had painstakingly brought up to success, is slowly deteriorating just before our eyes and we are unable to do anything. The opportunity to merge with South Korea's greatest Kim Corporation is right there. We should grab it when we can." She reasoned.

Your mind was having a hard time processing all of the information you were being presented with. Unfairness and frustration were enveloping you.

"I know honey, it's very selfish of your mother to ask you to do this but... My hands are tied." Her voice sounded genuinely apologetic.

"H-How is this marriage going to help anything?" You questioned not really understanding this kind of ordeal, that you had previously only seen in dramatic TV series.