Normal

Simon drops me off after our little meeting. Ann drives with us on our four block journey to the hotel. She and Simon chat business amongst themselves, but don't bother trying to include me in the conversation.

For once, I'm grateful for my relative insignificance to them. I can't focus on anything after what Simon's just told me, even with no one trying to distract me.

I must've been sat in Jesy's hotel room for at least an hour before she comes in, and I've still not made sense of what Simon said by then.

"Pezza?" I hear her call after the door clicks open. It clicks shut just as slowly.

She looks a little lost until she sets eyes on me, and the way she looks at me makes my heart ache in a way I previously didn't know it could.

"There you are!" She says, dropping her things just inside the doorway of our room before she comes over to me.

She hops on my lap for a kiss, and my body responds automatically even though my brain still has no idea what's going on.

She kisses my lips first, then my cheeks, my forehead, and my nose. With one more kiss to my lips that's a bit longer than the others, she slides off my lap, slipping out of the bedroom and into the lounge area.

"Have you checked the fridge yet? Jade promised me we'd have decent gin tonight, but I don't see any. Hmm," she says, her voice getting harder to hear as she steps further away from me. "Well, looks like there's vodka, tequila, and rosè. You know I'd sooner die than drink wine, and I've gotta have a mixer for Tequila, so it looks like it's a vodka kind of night. Is that alright with you?"

I don't respond. I'm not even sure my mouth can still move at this point. My whole body just feels sort of... frozen.

"Pez?" I hear her call, her voice getting louder. She appears in the doorway not long after, looking at me confusedly.

I'm still sat on the edge of the bed, mute.

"Listen, if you wanna get straight into bed..." she trails off suggestively, shooting me a wink. "I believe I was promised a Private Show, after all."

Oddly enough, it's that silly little reference that jars me to action, finally causing a feeling besides emptiness to well inside of me.

"You lied," is all I manage at first, white-hot anger coursing through me and filling up all my empty places.

"What?" She asks, clearly surprised. "Perrie, what's-"

"Don't touch me," I say, stepping off the bed and out of her reach for the moment.

"Okay," she says, backing off with her hands raised up. "Alright. What's the matter, babe?"

"You!" I shout, already feeling my throat get all tight.

Jesy looks hurt at my outburst, but I have to keep going.

"You're trying to hold me back so I won't leave you!" I accuse, and she stares back at me, still not getting it.

"Perrie, I don't know what you're talking about," she says softly, taking the tiniest step closer.

So I take a step back.

"Simon told me!" I yell. "About the offer."

A shadow passes over her face, and she goes completely stiff.

"Perrie, that's not-"

"So it's true?" I ask, spitting mad. "He made me an offer and you didn't tell me about it?"