I got this hole up in my heart, baby

(A/N: Chapter title taken from I Love You by Little Mix)

---

She's just out of sight when Jesy arrives, toting The Notebook and a couple of fuzzy blankets.

"It was hiding, I swear," she says, giving me a smile. "Took me ages to find! It was with the books, for some reason, and not the movies."

"Imagine that," I say, glancing over at an almost-invisible Jade.

I can see her smirk from here.

Scary.

Jesy quickly settles in next to me, popping the dvd right into the side of the screen I've just noticed is there.

"Has that- has that been there the whole time?" I ask.

"I just took the cover off," she explains, gesturing to a tan flap that's now tucked into the back of the seat.

"Cool," I say lamely.

The screen lights up, saving me from greater embarrassment, and Jesy busies herself with skipping through the previews.

She settles back into her chair, snuggling into her blanket.

I can't help but watch her out of the corner of my eye, Jade's words from earlier bouncing around in my head.

She loves physical affection.

"Can I hold you?" I blurt awkwardly, cringing at my own utterance.

Jesy just looks at me.

"It's just," I start, "Jade told me that your love language is physical touch and so is mine and I like to snuggle while I watch movies but I didn't want to overstep or make you uncomfortable or-

"Okay," Jesy says evenly, saving me from further embarrassment once again.

"Yeah?" I ask, sounding a bit in awe of her. I suppose I am, but- gosh, I need to get it together.

"Yeah, sure," she says with a small smile, followed by a nod of the head.

Not wanting to add to my embarrassment, I avoid speaking this time. I find the button that I know is on the arm rest between airplane seats, even fancy shmancy ones like these, and fold the armrest between us up so that I can hold her properly.

While I am a bit doubtful in my speaking abilities, I know my snuggling abilities are in top form. I waste no time wrapping and arm around Jesy's waist, pulling her back so that her head can rest against me comfortably. She melts into place easily, letting out a small sigh when I press a little kiss to her cheek.

"Is this alright?" I ask, a quiet whisper in her ear.

"Yeah, its- um. I like it," she says just as quietly, almost seeming a little embarrassed.

"Good," I say, pressing a kiss to her temple this time. "If I overstep, let me know, okay? I'll back off."

"I don't think you could- uh. I'm comfy. You make me comfy. But, um. I'll let you know. If I get- uh, un-comfy."

"Sounds good," I say, unable to keep the toothy smile from my face.

I spend the rest of the film sort of paying attention to the movie and mostly paying attention to Jesy. I keep my arms wrapped tight around her, pressing soft kisses to her head here and there. I take my time trailing my hands up and down her arms, delighting in the little sighs she gives me. I keep it up, even when she drifts to sleep at one point, eager to keep her happy. I tell myself it's so I'll keep this job that I need desperately, but I know it's a lie. I'm already catching feelings.