Chapter 15: A Dark Creature's Abilities

Walking side by side with the Creature in tow, I just couldn't get my head around the fact that my mother knew the Creature's name before me, and apparently knew more about the Creature then I would have thought. So how much does she know about the Creatures' that become things* first from us humans who make them from their imagination that's filled with dread and horror? Is that what our heads' are filled with too? Or is that just a theory that mom has brought up and kept to that theory?

Whatever the full theory was, I just wanted to know why did the Creature that my siblings and I; but really I made in the end, knows my name and claims to be my guardian.

I glance over to the Creature, whose name is Carion. Weird for a Creature to have a name and is that legs I see peeking out from out under its belly?!

Vance, it's rude to stare.” My mother sighed heavily, and gave a quick apology to Carion who in return just nodded and said in a low tone, he was used to it.

How was he use to it, when I created him not a day or so ago!? I scratched my dark locks and continued to stare at Carion; who I seemed to get used to as time went by, and my mother kept insisting that I call him by his given name.

Carion slightly eased back to be by my side and stared hard back at me, as much I was staring at him. Causing myself to look away, I shivered when I felt a small gust of wind shift towards me. Knowing full well who had caused it, I turned my head slightly to the right and came face to face with a know forming human head protruding from the once round blob, causing me to halt in my steps and almost screaming. Hopefully not like a girl, as my sister had once commented when she threw a worm she had somehow found god knows where, very expertly down my shirt and just by sitting on the roof of our house. I shall say that I had from that day forward never really screamed around anyone. Ever.

Shh, don't want your mom to be screaming and causing other Creature's to wake up again know do we?” He leaned in close to my face and gave me a hard human stare ;with eyes and all. The mouth that once was on his big body was know long gone, and was know taking form of a humans body. Male of course. Which was starting to become very naked in his case.

Shaking off the jacket I had brought with me, I took note when he slid it on it reached just about his knees. Which was very good, since he- uh was very manly in his case. Blushing like mad, I grumbled and wondered if one day I would grow any more, taller and as such as a man should look. Then what I look like know, a not so fit like his younger triplet brother and with a little more build.

Carion thanked me and walked a little more awkwardly, guessing he was getting used to human legs know. It made me think, if he had a name already and knew how to make a human body for himself, then how come he didn't know anything about walking or indecency. Or maybe I was thinking too much on it, and he didn't really care. I took another glance and was surprised to see how fast Carion was getting used to his human body already, and was know walking as if he owned the dirt he walked on.

I shook my dark locks again, and took more mental notes on Carions' appearance.

He took on the form of a tall (6”0 – at least), handsome adult with long, pulled back in a simple hair tie, black hair with blond or was that white streaks, glowing gold irises that sometime looked like they were piercing blue whenever my Sun-glow bracelets hit them, slit pupils, and the same sharp teeth. His claw-like hands still stayed the same with black skin-like gloves, and his wings became more tolerable to be by, smell and size wise, but there was the same feather wrapping around his ankles and wrists; wonder why that didn't fade away like the others did.

He was know a man not to mess with, and I was somehow doing the happy dance that he was on our side, but that didn't stop my body from shaking at the sudden contact Carion had suddenly made. The feathers touched the side of my face and lightly brushed my bare forearms, almost like a tickling sensation, but irritating when it came to my knowledge that Carion was doing this one purpose.

Growling, I tried my best to scoot away from the oncoming feathers. I almost screamed, but held it in when I felt a heavier body topple onto my own. Almost colliding into mother, I tried my best once more to get away from the annoyance, but to no vain was I going to become the victor in this one. In the end, I was caring Carion; a human know my mother had finally taken notice, on my back and the excuse I get from the whining Demon Creature was that his feet were hurting him. Since he didn't have any shoes, and I didn't have a spare, I was sure as hell not going to give up my own, plus his feet were just a bit bigger than my own. Hardly think he would fit in them, lucky enough he could fit my jacket with those wings. Oh wait, wings.....

I'm going to need a new jacket..... Sighing, I continued caring the Demon, I know labeled him as, instead of Creature. Gods, when are we going to get home! I kept on sighing, and was dreading the fact I was caring a half naked man on my back, who in return ripped my favorite jacket so that he could get his wings in a comfortable position. And continued to complain about how annoying it was to be in a human body.

Which in my quick response was, “Why even bother shaping into one then? Since it's so annoying!?”

He didn't respond for awhile, and instead fell closer into my back causing his wings to slightly fall forward into my face. Almost causing me to lose my footing again, if it wasn't for mother's sudden finger to forehead, balancing me just enough so that I could regain my footing. Silently I thanked my mom, who in returned flicked Carions' own forehead and grumbled at him.

He didn't like the attention he was suddenly getting, and I could feel him shifting his weight once more. I almost dropped him if it wasn't for the sudden lightness that I felt flittering off my back. I turned in surprise and gaped at Carion's new form. I yelled at my mother, gaining her attention who in return didn't like what she saw.

This is where I was know hiding from the terror of a true female Wolfdane, and praying for Carion's own stupidity of transforming so suddenly. Why was she trying to kill him, well there was many reasons' but the only one I could really think of was that she was just pure tired of his antics and wanted to get home as soon as possible. Since I could also tell she was losing some of her own ground and was wavering a bit too.

Carion! I think its best if you did something about your transformation, and try to explain to mother why you did so!” I tried to gain the little Demon's attention, but that somehow didn't work, and only ended with a yelp of pure terror and a scary looking woman who was in pure rage.

This could go on forever! I shook my dark locks, and silently prayed that this would soon. I was getting hungry and a bit thirsty from the sudden adventure that had laid upon me from the get-go.