Epilogue

The Demon Guardians and the Wolfdane Triplets

Vance seemed to be always busying himself these days. So was the other Wolfdanes siblings, making their Demons very curious as to why. The Demons had most of the afternoons to themselves, as usual. When in the mornings the three Demons would be with their prospective charges until they had left to go and attend some chores their mother had placed on them. When they came home, they seemed to be too exhausted to do anything but eat, take a shower, and then off to bed.

The Demons weren’t complaining too much, since they didn’t exactly have to guard their charges as much as they thought they would have to. But they all knew that would change one day, and that would mean they would each need to know what their charges have been up to for the past couple months. Realizing this was not going to take much effort, except trying to deceive their own charges and the Wolf-mother who ended up always getting in their ways whenever they tried to sneak off. The Wolf-mother was very secretive and very scary in many ways the Demons didn’t want to bother knowing any more than they already know.

One day the three of them got together, and finally managed to sneak out of the house before said mother could stop them. When they flew to the highest shadowed area that overlooked the whole town, they then vowed it would be their secret hide out too. Of course, it gave them a great view of how unorthodox the ceiling above the town was. The three glanced eagerly around the town to see if they could find one of their charges, since the Wolfdane Triplets figured out how to hide their own aura’s that the three Demons usually relied onto to find them.

Hato was the first to give up, and plopped heavily down on the ground with a pout that made her look more adorable than usual. Carion sighed with exasperation, also knowing too well that their findings of their charges was going to drain them. Just where their charges, and what were they up to, to the point that they had to hide their yummy aura’s. U.C. grunted and sat gently down on a nearby rock; since he didn’t have wings yet, like the rest of them, the other two decided on rock-paper-scissors. A game the Wolf-siblings showed them, which was somehow intriguing, yet annoying to Carions’ dismay. He just couldn’t get use to making the signs just yet, with his claw-like hands always getting in the way.

Hato glanced at U.C. and noted that he wasn’t as tired as usual, which meant that his charge was nearby!

See when a Wolfdane triplet was nearby their Guardians, they could charge them with renewing energy, or give them some of their aura. Thus, it refueled the Demon and could also heal them in the process. This also helped the Guardians to know where their charges where too, since the Wolf-siblings had such a high aura that the Guardians knew all too well; since from birth to their official meetings’ the Demons’ all knew their makers aura’s smell and differentially amongst other humans.

U.C. gave the other Demons a genuine smile, which meant he was having a mental talk with his charge. They somehow were always great with one another, and knew how to talk to the other without much doubt in between the two of them. Making the other Guardians’ a bit jealous of their relationship. When this was mentioned the two would always blush madly and look away from one another. This motion was never forgotten by the Guardians, and they kept that mainly to themselves.

Should U.C. fall in love with his charge, there would be consequences, and besides it would seem somewhat wrong since age difference. Then there was the whole race difference between the two, and giving that the charge was a Wolfdane, and the Guardian a half-breed, there would defiantly be some issues. Just hopefully that never happens between the said Guardians and charges. Who knows what would happen to them.

Carion grumbled under his breath as he glared at U.C.’s over bearing smile and small giggles here and there. Soon Hato would see a cat and cat fight.