Chapter 13: The Wolfdane's daily night routine

Author's Note:

-Another short of Oriana's daily night routine, know with U.C. - 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I switched the blades that I usually used during the night rounds, especially when it was my turn to take watch over the town during our "night raiding times". I would say that that is a bunch of horse crap, but whatever the elders say goes, goes I guess. They were always afraid of these times, when the Darkness was overexposed in an area, and the things* took imagination from the wondering minds of the townspeople who were to afraid to face their own faults, the things* would then take form and wreck havoc on the town I lived in or the surrounding areas. Reason why so was because mother said they liked to follow the Wolfdanes'. 

Great another reason for the townspeople and others to hate us.

I glanced back at my trusty blade my mother got me at the age of 10; just three years ago did mom decide to tell us why everyone was so afraid of the Darkness, and why we could only hear it. Three years ago, I really wanted to run away and -

I really need to stop thinking negatively, U.C. will think of some reason to want to "talk" as he calls it, with me about what I'm thinking about, and why these negative thoughts always occur. I'll tell him one day when I'm ready, but for know I prefer to keep to myself and just swing away the negative thoughts. Especially at those that decide its' best to get in my way when those thoughts decide to appear at the worst possible moments. 

I smoothed the blade back into its new scabbard and silently thanked whatever god thought it was a great idea to put a blade into a Wolfdanes' hands, and then kissed the scabbard that held my newly trustee blade within it. I guess you could say I had a thing for shiny objects that cut things* and that destroyed objects that dared to get in my blades way. 

Stretching my limbs, i prepared my body for its long and torturous night of hunting and destroying, if possible. 

Sighing in contempt, I walked over to the front door and gleamed at the coolness the underground air brought during the "nights". This is going to be a great night! With those happy thoughts, I couldn't think of anything that could screw up my lonely and peaceful night. Nothing could possibly ruin it. Not even a thing* of the Darkness could screw it up, right?

As I got to edge of the town on the West side I could feel that someone or hopefully something was following me at an unsteady pace, and was very noticeable. Just what were they trying to pull? Do they think I'm that stupid and just a dumb girl out an about?!  Shaking my head at the ridiculous thoughts, I came to an abrupt stop and heard a scurry of hurried footsteps trying to "hide". Where I couldn't possibly tell since we where out in the middle of nowhere with just our two bodies and maybe a few rocks that could be worth mentioning, but I could honestly track and hopefully destroy that object they wish to hide behind. 

Without trying to worry as much, I "disappear" as I like to call it and be "ninja", but apparently my "ninja" mode also deals with me being a little obnoxious in my introductions to my "enemies". Are they worth being called "enemies"? Eh, who cares. Swinging my scabbard in a wide arc, I felt the piece smash the rocks that the "person" was hiding behind. Tried, I shall say. Without a second thought I reached within the ruble and grabbed my stalker. Yeah, stalker fits this one pretty good

"Did you really have to make me do tha-," I stopped in mid sentence and starred in disbelief at my stalker, should I even mention that this stalker was someone I knew. 

I growled at the perpetrator and shook him so hard I knew something was going to fall out of his brain, if not then I would definitely make something fall out. 

"What in hell's name are you trying to do!? Get yourself killed!" Sighing in pure disbelief, I practically threw my stalker down as hard as I could without a second thought and walked away. Soon I heard scurry footsteps falling in behind me, and a scared; for sure scared of his life, laugh. If you want to call it a laugh. Sounded more like a whine. 

Great know I have a dog! I stopped and glanced back at mister stalker; U.C. had his head down and started fidgeting with his jacket and suddenly jumped when he noticed I was staring at him with a death glare. Nah, more like puppy. Yeah, a lost puppy....