Chapter 14: A Dark Creature's Evolution

As my mother, Arion Wolfdane, walked in somewhat contempt at catching the new and odd creature that my siblings and I had somehow made, had a solid object clutched tightly by her side. The newly made piece dangling dangerously loose; to loose for my taste, by her pant leg, the creature chirping in its annoying voice that only mother and I could hear. Clutching my ears with my gloved covered hands, I peered down at the solid box and glared angrily at the creature. Silently wishing it would shut-its trap, and without a second thought the creature did so.

This gained my mother's attention immediately and soon I was praised once more by her love. Thus, leaving me to fix my already messy head of a mop mess. She loved doing that, making my bed head more messier than it should be. Or giving me way too much love that I actually have to scrub my poor cheeks red to get her famous lipstick that she loves so much, off that it sometimes leaves a permanent mark.

Groaning, I asked mom silently if she could tighten the piece tighter on the metal loop it dangled from. This caused her to snicker at my over cautiousness she calls it, and did so.

The creature was still silent, and I was peeved that it may have actually listened to my silent plea. Silence was nice, but this type of silence with just hearing my mother's and my footsteps echoing in the darkness was kind of eerie for its own good.

I coughed as some dirt kicked up from behind my mother's boots, and waved frantically to make sure I didn't loose sight of her, since my eyesight can only be so good in the darkness for so long. Sometimes I had to bring out my random bracelets that I had stuffed inside of one my pockets; so that I could see, since I had some of the Sun-glow in-cased inside of them.

As soon as I had my vision back, I noticed my mother was nowhere to be seen and a rather large hole was now placed within a few feet from me.

Great, now I have to deal with another one of those! And I'm pretty sure I didn't make anything... I growled silently and walked, well more like stomped towards the dark hole.

Mom! You down there?” No response. Great.

I silently called the little creature that I had somehow magically made and heard it chirp in response. The only bad thing about the response was that it was coming from the hole. The hole where my mother could of possibly fallen in and was probably unconscious. Great......

I prayed that she was alright and began the rigors climb down with what gear I had on my body. I dug my boots into the earthly wall before me, taking note that it was softer. So that meant that either A) someone took the time to dig the wonderful hole of hell, or B) there really was a creature around and it decided to lay its little self right before us.

As I got lower I felt the air getting cooler and a bit stuffy. I thought quickly on which type of creature could produce such density, or was it just how the Earth was when it got deeper. Shrugging I figured I should call my mother once more, but to no prevail nothing came.

Hey, creature that I made! Can you get free from your confinement!?” I yelled frantically, because I knew my mother didn't tighten the noose on the metal loop on her pants. She must have known something like this was bound to happen. After a few moments of silence, I was sure the creature was long gone, and I was royally screwed. Or maybe not.

Of course I can you foolish little human.” The voice was a little too close for my liking, and once I turned to face it I knew my heart was done for sure.

The creature was flying for crying out loud, and didn't exactly have any eyes, but it did have a huge mouth that stretched across its face, and there was some drool leaking from the corners of its mouth. It was a horrible smell at that too. It looked as if it was a giant bird with a mess of feathers that protruded out from its back with a heavy cloud wrapping around them with the same awful smell seeping from it. Arms were hanging with claw-like hands had the same type of feathers protruding from the crevasses of its fingernails and swirling back up around them up to its bony wrists. It was black with its feathers snow white with specks of a color he preferred wasn't there.