Chapter 3.0: My Mother's demented

Our mother can really be as scary as the Darkness itself, if not worse. Maybe she actually visited hell before she gave birth to us and decided to take it out on us. Who knows with this crazy lady, and her weird friends. Where they really her friends, comparing them to other humans, they were more of a nuisance to my younger sister, and just a dark matter that floated around one of us triplets that happened to be in the area they where in. To add the creepiness, my little sister just had to take on our mother's pure evilness, even though we all knew she was the purest out of us three.

My name is Vance Wolfdane, and I am the oldest out of us triplets that happen to have a pure heart for the Dark Dude. I prefer not to call it or him; or whatever its gender is really, what everyone else calls it. The Darkness, the Shaded one, and so forth. If it were to choose among us three, then it better expect a hell of a fight from my little sister. She has a mean bite, and a loud and obnoxious bark.

Walking out of our little two story earth made house, I walk quietly outside, trying my hardest not to be seen by the she-devil herself, or my other siblings. Also, preferably the little Shadow Fellow. I like my walks to be silent, and to be by myself than I prefer. Not paying attention to my surroundings I find myself in an unknown area I haven't came across. Glancing at my surroundings, I then notice a signature that appeared around the little village we had lived in since my twins and I were born.

Is this mom's marking?

Sighing, I then came to a conclusion that I must have walked to one of the edges of the village. But, what really concerned me was that there was usually a guard or two near the edges of the village. And, yet here I was standing, unsupervised. Well, who cared about being unsupervised when you were old enough to take care of yourself and your younger siblings. Not this buster, that is for sure.

I was about to leave the little unattended area, until I heard a whisper call out to me. It felt like it needed my help. The voice kept pulling me closer to the edge that I almost felt like I was being led by a puppeteer. These strings of mine were pulling tighter and tighter by the second, almost like something was trying to lure me out into the pure darkness and never be found again, I knew better and struggled.

What was I struggling against, when it was just a voice calling out to me. In need of dire help, and I just happened to be the one to hear its cries. Why struggle, it needed me. Without any delay I let my instincts go, and let the voice lead me to where it was. I knew the moment I stepped out of the barrier that my mom had put up I would be in immediate danger, and no one would be there to help me. I could do this, I'm old enough to make my own decisions, besides the voice is crying out for help and no one is there to do so.

Alright voice, I'm all yours.

I closed my eyes and listened for that soft voice. When my mind was silent, and everything else was as silent as it could become the voice raced to me. Bringing me to immediate attention I found myself near a deep cliff that looked even deeper as I peered into it. I calmed myself, before taking a shaky breathe I called out to the voice in a raspy tone.

"Hello!"

My voice came back at me, but in a womanly tone. Nice and soothing, like mother's whenever she talked to us in her motherly loving tone. Just thinking of my mother, I had the sudden urge to rush back to her, her warm waiting arms to enrapture all three of us in them whenever we came back from school, or one of our adventures. I shook my head, and peered down at the sinking hole, nothing but darkness.

I cleared my voice once more and yelled out with all my might, "I'm here to help you!"

I waited for the lovely voice to respond, but none came. This made me feel suddenly like I really came to late, and the guilt kept building. That is until the womanly voice responded with a sharp tone.

"What do you think you're doing here!? Get out of here, you idiot!"

This startled me, but I didn't back down. I wanted to help her, in any possible way. But I didn't bring anything with me, or have anything around me that could be useful.

"Hold on, I'll figure a way down there."

A gentle breeze passed by me, making me almost lose my posture and falling into the darkness itself. Then suddenly warm arms closed in on me, startling me I tried my best to get away from the imposing limbs. But to no avail, I slumped and knew that deep within me that I wanted my mother. With her monstrous strength she could immobilize this freak who dared to put their hands on me.

What was I thinking at a time like this, mother would be pissed to hear about the situation I got myself in. Without much delay, I thought of all the tricky ways to get out your captures grip. When I wriggled and felt where the persons grip was weakest, I aimed my elbow and once that feeling of being slightly loose from my capture I twirled our positions to where I was the attacker. Slamming them into the ground I heard them gasp for slight air, and grunted when I put them in a tight arm lock.

No where to go now, and I had kept myself from getting hurt. Mom would be pleased.

"Think that could've stopped me?"

The woman's voice sounded like she was standing right behind me, like literally behind me. Not in the shadowed hole where I thought she was initially, waiting to be rescued. As I soon came to realize this, the woman came into view with the help of a match she had stroked against something rough sounding.

The woman was none other than..... "Mom!?" I yelled out a little too enthusiastically.

My mother being the crazy woman that she was, grabbed me into a bear hug, and squeezed until I was yelling 'uncle'. She gave me one of her cheeky smiles and patted me on the shoulders.

"Well, at least I don't have to worry about my kids being little weak ducklings lost in the darkness." She gave her shoulder a little turn and a nice pop could be heard from the limb.

My mother gave me more praises, which I didn't need, but took it since I probably would get a major lesson later on about leaving the village barrier. Unsupervised too.

When she was done, she set the little fire aside into a broken piece of glass, that she pulled out of her left breast pocket. Why she had a sharp object in her pocket was beyond my thinking. Maybe protection, I thought idly.

I shook the thought away, and turned to the deep hole that kept creeping me out with its little voices echoing of both my mother's and mine. I gulped and turned to my mother, who was now sitting Indian style and with a wide grin plastered on her pale face. She knew what I was going to ask, I knew that for a fact, but was patient enough for me to ask.

"It's a new creature that we humans have created. But this time it was created out of curiosity and soon learned how to copy-cat the humans voices. It's a little bugga' this one is, and I'm sorry I used you to find it. It was the only way, since the other villagers were to scared to venture off into the unknown."

When my mother finished, I glared at her hard. Hard enough to were I had to squint my light ruby colored eyes to make the glare look as if I was glaring at an ant that dared bite me. She would.........

"So which human's created it?" I knew that not all humans could have created the little guy, since our little town was not much of a curiosity type.

"Oh, you caught onto that huh?" She tilted her head to the left, and chuckled lightly.

"You three obnoxious little bunches of course!" She was beaming with joy, why I have not the slightest clue.

This had me on edge though. Wasn't it taboo or whatever to create them?

My mother noticed the silence I had given her, and pulled me closer in embrace.

"Don't worry, you guys were meant for this." She snuggled up closer to me, and rustled my short auburn hair in a tousled, and snickered.