Chapter 6: U.C.

A giant white paw erupted from the ground, pieces of rocks and wood went splintering off in all directions. Causing quiet a commotion in the middle of the village. The villagers, either ran from the explosion of the unknown creature, or rushed to the Wolfdanes quarters to report. Whatever it was, the beast was now by itself, except for one tiny human who ended up being trapped by one of the rocks that pinned him down. The injuries would have been fatal to the boys' life if it weren't for the many boxes that he was hiding behind.

A green glow escaped from the boxes as the rocks weight pressed down. Making the little boy gasp from the exhalation of the gassy poisons that seethed towards his trapped body. Wriggling out of the one of the boxes openings, the boy had finally escaped from the deadly gases. Only into the clearing of a very angry creature that had created the catastrophe.

A deep growl escaped from the creatures drooling mouth, as it stood mere inches above the frightened boy, who now shook with so much fear that he was sure he was reeking of it. Making the creature even more jittery of the smell, it snarled and opened its' jaws as wide as it could. Only to have it shut as if it never opened in the first. Blood had seethed from the creature's mouth, showing that it may have chomped down on its gums or tongue.

Either way, the little boy was happy that that blood wasn't his. But what made him wonder, why the creatures' mouth was shut in less than a second, made him slowly peer through his long bangs. Only to see a tall silhouette cradling the beasts back, and a rope wrapped so tightly around the creature's jaws, that that made her think that it wasn't rope, but wire.

The only person in the village crazy enough to use wire and ride an unknown creatures' back would only be one of the Wolfdanes. But which one; if the mother was out and her oldest son was not seen in town, then who? Since, the rumors were said that the daughter despises war, and anything that had to deal with the darkness, she would never appear before it or anyone. This only meant that the second son, Liam Wolfdane, could be riding the creature's back like the rodeo the older people would say.

The little boy rushed backwards, his thoughts being interrupted by the creature's sudden change of nature. It suddenly seemed fixated on his being. But that was quickly changed as the beasts' eyes went skywards, and that was when he saw that it was indeed the second son, Liam, who had rode the back of the crazed creature, but that wasn't what caught the creature's attention. That was for sure, when a sudden crashing sound blasted from above the three.

The little boy felt himself being swiftly plucked from the ground, and into a warm embrace. A minty smell wafted to his nose, making him sneeze slightly, causing his savior to glance down at his little form.

Sorry about the smell. I just love wearing something that causes other creatures' to go crazy.” With that tone, he knew it was then that the Wolfdane daughter had finally made her presence. Even though he knew that the girl that may have been a couple years ahead of him, she hated being in the presence of one of those creatures'. He could feel her shaking, and that made the little boy a little nervous.

'If Lady Wolfdane is scared of the creature, than I should at least give some support to help.'

With a light tap, the Wolfdane girl tilted her head to get a better look at the boy. This calmed her down immediately as the little boy gave her a genuine smile. A smile the Wolfdanes' were all to familiar with from the village people.

Gotcha,” the Wolfdane girl leaped down to the ground and gently pushed the boy to the side, only to look back at her before she cracked her knuckles.

What's your name?”

U.C.” the little boy, shook some of her light colored hair out of his eyes, and peered at the Wolfdane. Who calmly walked out towards the continuous fighting the creature and her brother was going through.

Well, U.C.. Once this is over, want to grab a bite? My treat.” Before U.C. could answer, Oriana Wolfdane rushed off to the outraged creature and to her flailing brother.

What just happened? U.C. tilted his head and muttered things such as 'Crazy Wolfdanes' indeed' and 'I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a bite to eat'. Seeing how he was an orphan who just came to this village. Seeking out the Wolfdanes.