Chapter 8: Part 1: Our Uncles's penance

Ajax, can you hear me?” His sister's soft voice rang in his ears, and he knew there was a hint of worry edged in there, but he also knew that she would never show it.

A Wolfdane never shows worry, fear, anxiety. Ever. But in his case, he had caused worry, fear, and anxiety to both of his siblings. He kept his eyes shut and felt the blood rushing to his face as he held in his breath. He couldn't bear to see his siblings fighting anymore. He hated fighting, honestly he despised his siblings interactions with one another.

Apparently his siblings didn't realize this and ended up warring against one another over small things, and never realized it not only affected the village and its people, but their own little brother too. As they both swarm the little boy how was in a fetal position and crying his eyes out, their mother rushed over to them and pushed them aside. Their mother grabbed the poor boy and brought him into a hug, and yelled at the two for their own stupidness.

The two didn't know how to take it, and soon found themselves saying little things to comfort their brother. Who in response hick-upped and pushed one of his free hands out, which confused them at first, but they soon got the gif of what was happening. Soon the family was in group hug, and small laughter was heard from the bunch.

This loosened up some of Ajax's feelings' about his siblings, but that didn't help the fact that they both argued to the point to were one of them got brutally injured and his gift was torn. Almost in two at that. Sniffling, he shoved his elbows in both his siblings' sides who in return grunted and mumbled something along the lines of 'brat', and 'there goes lunch'. He glared at his siblings, and gave them both another jab earning more grunts.

Their mother pulled his siblings ears, earning more painful cries and whining from the two. But he knew that would never last, just until they both fixed the broken door, walls, and floor boards. And fixed their attitudes towards one another.

He had a hunch as to why they always broke out into fights over futile things, but never spoke of it.

You guys suck. Literally....” The two laughed at their little brother's antic's.

The blood on Arion's hands and the corner's of her mouth were now dry but she still coughed a little here and there. Ajax knew that the punch from earlier was brutal but he knew that she could handle a trivial thing. But he also knew that if his sister wasn't in the condition she was in, she would've obliterate their older brother to the next village, maybe into next week. If that wasn't going to stop the oncoming fist towards his older brother's face than he didn't know what else could stop her.

Ajax stifled a laugh, and instead glared at his siblings who in turn gave a nervous laugh back. The soon to be fist fight ended in matter of seconds and they were soon hugging one another, but with terrible smiles he knew were completely fake.

Sighing, Ajax grabbed the scarf off the two and ripped it in two. Causing the two siblings to gasp at the motion, and trying to grab at his hands before he could've finished ripping it, but to no avail. The siblings sat on the ground in shock as their little brother tied the ripped ends and soon they both had a red scarf wrapped around their bare necks.

As the two stared at their new scarfs, their little brother gave them a small smile, but inside he really wanted to choke them until they feel over dead. While their ghosts' was trying to desperately escape from his wrath, he would then choke those and send them reeling into nothingness. Maybe even hand them over to the Darkness itself. He wouldn't mind honestly, as long as he got to squeeze the crap out of them, but in the end he still loved his dysfunctional family in the end.

Even if he hated the families role in the village, he knew deep down he was a Wolfdane through and through too.