Chapter 43

She walked into her room, enraged, and threw her bag of books on the floor.

"What is it?" Asa asked jerking up.

"Nothing." She seethed.

"You can tell me." Asa said, with a mouth full of food.

"It's that stupid girl, Nathi. I don't even know why my life just has to revolve around her." She yelled back as she struggled to hang her coat.

This was getting too normal. Just bursting in and telling Asa all her problems while she listened and offered her opinion. At this point, she didn't like it.

"What did she do this time?" Asa laughed and smeared some ice cream on her meat pie. If there was anyone who detested Nathi, it was Asa.

Oma sighed and tossed her coat which was suddenly now too big to fit into the same coat hanger it came out from.

"Never mind." She flopped on her bed, fully clothed.

Asa gulped down her food.
"No no no. You can't leave me hanging. You went out to see Obi and Nathi did something! You can't possibly not tell me. You can kill me but I must hear this news. This might be the gist of the century!" She said dramatically.

Her enthusiasm amused Oma.
"I'm always bursting in and telling you my life problems. Is it not somehow?"

"What is wrong with you? That's literally what friends do." She said as dipped cookies in different cup of ice cream and mixed them till it resembled a cereal. "Best friends tell each other every single thing that happens in their life, gossip about everyone and try to make themselves happy. I think I know your problem. You never had friends, did you?" Asa said and Oma felt pathetic again.
She was right, but hearing her say it out loud made it seem sadder than it actually was.

"I'll tell you." She said, as Asa carried her concussions into her bed. "I went to see my other best friend as you know, but guess what? He just had to be with Nathi."

"No way." Asa said in the fakest voice ever and winced when cold ice cream rubbed her teeth.

"Yes." Oma continued, fighting the urge to laugh.

"And that's what made you angry?" She looked disappointed.

"No! That's not all. Throughout the time I was there she kept saying things to rile me on purpose. She told Obi she would model for the camera I bought him and she said my mum could afford many of the cameras like I'm some spoiled rich bratty kid." She frowned again, the anger she'd left at the door was coming back.

Asa didn't say anything for a while.
"I think I understand how you feel, but is that all she said that made you sooo furious? Are you sure there's not something else?" She finished in a quiet voice.

"That's not all." She saw Asa's point. Those things didn't sound so infuriating now. "She said she's brought so many other girls to Asher after me. Why would anyone do that? She was just trying to say he was cheating on me."

"Hmm." Asa sighed and crossed her arms around her stomach which was beginning to react to what she'd been stuffing it with. "I've said so many mean things about Asher but you never took it this seriously."

"Yours is different." She murmured.

"Oma, tell me the truth. Is there something else?"

"There's nothing else! What do you want me to say? That I like Obi and I'm jealous because of her?" Oma stated defensively.

Asa smirked.
"I never said that."

"You're now beginning to annoy me. Carry your poisonous food out of my bed. What are you going to mix next? Cake and sauce? When did you even buy these?"