Bonus Chapter

On Amara's big day, Oma was restyling her hair. The hair stylist had done her thing, but Amara preferred Oma's hairstyle.

Amara looked beautiful and Oma wished she could take back all the negative things she'd ever said her. A few days before the wedding, Oma realized she was the only other person on her bridal train but Amara had said she preferred it that way. She'd wanted two people, but since the only other person had been Nathi who no one had heard from in a month she had to stand alone.

They discussed and Oma found herself liking the real Amara.

"Oh you guys are already doing hair. Where's my own hair stylist."
Nathi was in their hotel by some form of magic going around Amara's things like she hadn't just appeared out of nowhere.

"Nathi, you came." Amara exclaimed, running to Nathi and hugging her.
She apparently didn't share Oma's shock and discomfort at seeing the girl she'd somehow never hoped to see again.
"I just knew that if I text you the address you'll come and I was right. "
Amara said and indirectly answered Oma's unspoken question of how she managed to be there.

"Oma. Long time no see." Nathi said and moved towards Oma with a smile Oma thought was forced, although it looked as genuine as possible.
"You don't look happy to see me. Did I do anything wrong?"

Oma retreated as she came closer. Nathi's face was caked with more makeup than usual, but the marks Oma had inflicted on her still remained visible to anyone who looked deep enough.

Oma reluctantly took her hand. This was Amara's big day. It'd be wrong to fight on someone's wedding, especially when the two people fighting were the brides only maids of honor.

"How's Asa?" Nathi asked, taking off her clothes. Oma wanted to tell her Asa's business didn't concern her but she saw Amara and held it to herself.

"She's fine. She's in Qatar for their championships."

Nathi looked elated.
"So she finally got it."

Oma simply nodded. She wasn't going to tell her how Nia had both threatened and paid her way to get Asa in that position.

"Do you take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife..."

While the bride and groom exchanged their vows at the exquisite yet underpopulated church, Oma was beside Nathi, chilled to the bone.
There were some people Oma knew from their secondary school but luckily no one from the A1 was invited. She wasn't ready for any more standoffs.

"How's Obi?" Nathi asked and Oma didn't really know how to answer.

"He's perfect." She said, marvelling at the venom in her voice.
It had the hoped effect on Nathi who scowled but recovered quickly and plastered that smile back on her face.

"You don't have to do any of this. I fucked up and I know. I feel more disgusted at myself than I ever have. The truth is that regardless of whatever Asher may have told you, I truly loved Obi. I made the biggest mistake of my life by coming to that school and even though I met someone I genuinely cared about for the first time, I'd gladly take it back if it means never seeing Asher again. " She was red with anger, but Oma soon realized it wasn't directed at her.
"He is gone now. No one is ever going to see him again. He'll never hurt any single person anymore."
She was talking to herself now.
Oma moved a little to the opposite side. This was getting scary.

Nathi recovered soon enough and in spite of her slightly off dressing, she still somehow managed to outshine the bride. Amara didn't even care, the only person she cared about had eyes only for her.

The ceremony was beautiful and after a lot of running around, Oma and Nathi were both equally exhausted. Oma was thankful they didn't have to talk to each other.

As Oma relaxed, watching the bride and the groom dance for the umpteenth time that evening, she began to imagine her own wedding. She hoped it'd be exactly like this, with such beautiful decor and so few people.

"Apologize for messing up my face." Nathi said, also staring at the bride and groom and Oma laughed inwardly. She hadn't changed at all.

"I'm sorry for beating you up." She said and Nathi glared at her. "For messing up your face I mean."

She sighed.
"And I'm sorry for giving you a reason to."

They kept watching and Oma began to fantasize her wedding day once again, this time, Obi was the groom. She blushed.
She felt soft palms squeeze her hand.

Nathi looked like she was about to cry.
"Tell Obi I'm so sorry and that he shouldn't try to reach me because he won't. I know he probably hates me as much as you do but still tell him. And tell him that I really still love him."
She added.

Oma tried to hide her discomfort.
"Why don't you tell him when you see him?"

Nathi thrummed her fingers on the table before answering.
"I'm not going back to that school." She said and Oma tried to mask her relief as shock.

If she'd received this news before she realized Nathi was Beside, she'd begged her not to leave, but now, everything about her seemed fake and she couldn't wait to get rid of her.
"I'm going to start schooling in France next year and you'll never hear from me again."

The guests began to leave and the ceremony was almost over but Oma who took her maid of honor duty very seriously, decided to stay back until every last thing was seen to.
Nathi walked to the bride and slipped an envelope into her hand. Oma could see Amara beg her to stay longer after thanking for her gift, but Nathi politely declined and began to leave through the back door.

"I wish you the best."
Oma said out of breath when she caught up with her. If this was the last time she was going to see her, she didn't want them to part on bad terms.

Nathi's eyes watered and her tears which she seemed to have been holding profused down her face, ruining her makeup.
Oma hugged her, shutting her eyes when she felt her own eyes water.

"Thank you." Nathi said, wiping her blotched face. "I'll never forget you."

"Me neither. " She responded and watched her until she was in her Uber and out of sight.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I'm in tears.

This novel of over two years is finally over.

Thank you for embarking on this journey with me.

I hope you enjoyed this bonus chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Love you all.