Part 4

The boy with black hair with red tips was woken up from his peaceful slumber to a familiar smile of his father. Yoshiki wondered why his father woke him up as he is usually not at the home due to his work as the village leader but his thoughts were quickly shut down by his father.

"How was training yesterday?"

"It was fine I did the training you said." Yoshiki replied.

"I heard you did it all day although Ulla said for you to not be out for to long." Father replied.

"I'm sorry I was just in the zone".

"That is fine im just surprised you were able to do it all day considering that's the training I did in my prime." Yoshihiro added.

Thank you...Wait I did your training?" The child said.

"Yep and even in my prime I couldn't do it for as long as you".

"Because of this I believe that you should go to the final selection as you have great potential at becoming one of the strongest demon slayers".

"Are you sure father I'm just a kid I don't know much what happens if...".

"I do not lie I truly believe that you hold a large amount of strength that can be forged for you to become the strongest." Father said shutting down any thoughts of thinking of failure.

"But before that."

Yoshiro gulped in response.

"We will meet with our families close friends the Kocho family."

"They have two daughters Kanae who is around your age and Shinobu who is a few years younger than you. Also you need to get ready as we will be leaving later today and bring your blade as you will continue your training." He said whilst walking out of his room.

Yoshiro blankly stared at where his father was just standing thinking about what he had just said Final selection Kocho family what would they be like and what will the final selection be like?

He quickly jolted out of his thoughts and started to pack his chosen items into the bag for the meeting. He put a few things in the bag first a book about the demon slayer corps that his father had given to him and another book about demons. He had also packed necessities like clothing food and water.

After he had gotten his stuff ready he walked out of his bedroom to have breakfast when he asked his father.

"Can I train for a bit once I get to the dojo?"

"Yes but don't stay there for to long you really worried your mother by doing that." He said seriously.

"Understood". He said whilst walking out of the door of his house.

After getting to the dojo.

Yoshiki opened the large wooden door then placed his footwear down. He then walked over to the sword cabinet and acquired his blade. Then the training resumed.

His training was challenging but possible he carefully watched the time by looking at the sun through the dojos windows and training at the same time. After roughly half an hour of training he started to pack everything away into their respective homes. After doing his task he walked out of the dojo and stated to walk back to the family home.

After 15 minutes or so of walking he had reached his destination, his home.

He knocked on the door to be greeted by mother by opening the door and taking the blade from him.

"Have you packed what you need?" She questioned.

"Yep".

"Are you hungry".

"Yes please could I have some food I'm quite hungry after training." He asked politely.

"Ok it will be ready in a minute so just sit down and relax.

After a few minutes of waiting.

"Foods ready." She said notifying the boy.

"Thank you for the food".

Thanks for reading