[14] Long Lost Memories

(I decided that this would be a good time to insert a filler chapter because the next chapter is finished but a mess that I have to fix) 

- 10 years before the present. The reader is 6 -

~ Authors POV ~

A little girl with h/c hair ran through the halls of a lavish castle, her feet loudly pounding on the marble floors. As she ran, she servants and maids did their best to avoid her, not wanting to get on the bad side of the royal family. 

"Mama! Mama!" she yelled as she entered her mothers study. Queen M/n's study was a huge room with bookshelves on each wall and a window seat where Y/n sometimes fell asleep. In the middle of the room there was a nice desk where M/n did her queenly work. 

The black haired woman looked at the child in surprise, as she was talking to a handsome man with h/c hair and did not except the young girl to burst into the room. 

"Y/n! What have I told you about entering my study without knocking!" M/n raised her voice as the child looked at the man curiously, ignoring her mothers reprehend. 

"Mama, who's he?" she pointed at the h/c haired man. 

He looked at her and gave a genuinely kind smile. But her mother spoke suddenly. 

"He was just leaving. You won't have to worry about ever seeing him my dear," her voice was filled with malice as the man sighed and left with a frown on his face. But y/n was especially confused, she wasn't worrying like her mom said, should she be worried?

M/n put on a bright smile and turned to face her daughter, "Now, what did you want to tell me darling?" 

Seemingly forgetting the previous interaction, the young girl practically shook with excitement, "I wanted to show you this new illusion I learned!" her mother nodded and she held her hands out with a focusing look on her face. 

Suddenly, a cat appeared. It was a beautiful calico, with one blue and one green eye. Y/n smiled as the cat walked over to her and jumped right onto her shoulder before sitting down.

"Oh dear, you should no be wasting your gift on such trivial things. You should be training them!" The girl frowned, and her mother sighed before kneeling down, "The horde gets closer everyday darling, I just want you to be prepared. Now run along," 

Y/n got up and rushed out of the study, shutting the door behind her. On the steady walk back to her room, she noticed a man with a black cape rushing out one of the secret entrances to the castle. 

Usually she would pass it off as one of the royal court members leaving the castle, but she saw a tuff of h/c hair and decided to curiously follow. 

The secret exit was no maze to Y/n, as she had come through them many times with her mother, and surprisingly enough, the man knew the way perfectly. 

When they both had left the castle, she touched the man's cloak and he turned around instantly. 

"Y/n.... I- I mean Princess Y/n," he gave a quick bow. 

"Your the man my mama was talking too! Who are you?"

He sighed, a sad look on his face, "You have to leave Princess. If your mother sees you with me, she will be furious," 

Y/n crossed her arms and stomped her foot, "You didn't answer my question. If you answer my question I'll leave you alone," 

His sadness seemed to grow, "Young y/n, I am your father,"

The girls eyes widened, her mouth falling agape. She looked down, tears brimming her eyes. Had her mother lied to her? If her mother had lied to her about that, what else was she lying about?

F/n began to walk away but she stood in front of him, "B-but you can't leave! Y-you have to come live in the palace with us! If you really are my father...." 

"Listen y/n, I know you practically just met me, but I have to leave for your safety. J'aime toi, mon fille,"  The last sentence y/n couldn't understand but she hoped it was something good as she ran back into the castle crying. 

One of the maids was cleaning her room when she burst in, making the maid curtsy and leave as quick as she could. Y/n fell onto her bed with tears still streaming down her cheeks, wondering what things were true and what things were not. 

Eventually m/n came rushing through the door, looking at the weeping girl and sitting down next to her, "What is wrong my dear?"

An unexpected glare came from the little girl, putting her head back in her hands, "You lied to me," she said through her hands, "You said my father was dead," 

The black haired woman narrowed her eyes, "What makes you think that?" 

"That man, with the h/c hair. He's my father isn't he?" 

M/n petted her daughters hair, "Yes, he is," 

"Then why did you lie to me?" 

She pulled her daughter onto her lap, "Because your father did not deserve the love I gave him, or to be apart of the royal family. Now hush dear, go to sleep," and like magic the girl went to sleep instantly. 

When she was sure the girl was asleep, she set her carefully in her bed and tucked her in, placing a kiss on the top of her forehead. "Oh darling, you really shouldn't meddle in things that don't concern you," she set her hand on her head and using her gift, which she had told people she never used, and she removed the memories of the past day. 

The woman smiled at the girl before gracefully walking out of the room, shutting the door behind her. 

- CHAPTER 14 END - 

Well that was interesting wasn't it?

As always, thanks for reading! And thanks for over 500 reads, it means so much to me!