[15] The Horde

Slowly and Painfully, my eyes opened and I tiredly scanned my surroundings, a strange laugh filling my ears as I craned by head a bit to see Catra holding Adora's sword.

"Check this thing out!" I didn't know who she was talking too until I looked over and saw a woman I recognized as Shadow Weaver, the one we battled at Mystacor. It wasn't until I tried to itch my face that I noticed both my hands were encased in metal, keeping me in my sitting position on the floor.

I was still wearing my Princess Prom outfit, but It was all torn up and dirty. And my hair was no longer in its high bun but instead spread out across my shoulders.

"You've got to admit Shadow Weaver, In a single mission, I inflicted more damage on the rebellion than anyone else," Catra threw Adora's sword up and caught it again, "I succeeded where even you failed,"

Even though my eyes were so tired I could barely keep them open, I saw that Shadow Weaver had both hands on a Runestone I didn't recognize. But on the other side of the room, was a black Runestone with a purple Aura around it, and I knew Immediately it was the Obsidian Diamond.

I could tell that Shadow Weaver was drawing power from the Runestone and I frowned, hoping that drawing power from mine wouldn't effect me. 

Suddenly a screen turned on and a man I knew as Hordak appeared on it, causing me to scowl even harder. 

"Shadow Weaver," the man spoke. 

"My Lord," 

"I commend you on the capture of the Princess of Elesphia and the Princess of Brightmoon. Queen Angella has been given until the mornings moon-rise to surrender herself to our forces."

"Thank you lord Hordak, I thought you would be pleased with my work," 

"You have proven your worth to me. Today," and with that, the video ended, but Catra looked visibly distressed. 

She scoffed and looked at the Shadow Woman, "Your worth? I'm the one who brought back the Princesses! Not you,"

The woman replied swiftly and coldly, "You're under my command, Force captain. Therefore anything you manage to do right is credited to me,"  She took the Sword of Protection from Catra's hands (or claws I guess)

"So I do all the work and you get the glory-" 

"Sometimes that's just the way of things," she put a hand on Catra's face but Catra ignored her and walked right out of the room. 

I heard a groan and turned to see that Glimmer was beside me in a ring of electricity, and waking up. Shadow Weaver must've noticed that we both were awake because she appeared right in front of us. 

"Welcome to the fright zone Princesses," 

~ Meanwhile ~

Adora was walking past the meeting room when she saw Angella with her head in her hands, seemingly stressed. And for good reason. 

"You majesty," The girl started, but the Queen began talking. 

"I should've never let them leave this castle. And now, I'm faced with an Impossible decision," She shook her head, "As leader of the Rebellion. How can I surrender myself to our enemy? and yet as a mother, how do I-" She sighed and rested her head back in her hands. 

Then she stood up, "I'm going to accept Hordak's terms. Glimmer and Y/n are all I have," 

Adora protested, "You can't. We have to guarentee the Horde will hold up there end of the bargain," she continued, "We could end up loosing you too,"